Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Would you like an iPhone X setting that would unlock the phone with ought the swipe up gesture?

• Total voters

bogie66

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 8, 2011
There's been discussion about this, and it seems people might be evenly split.

zhandri

Suspended
Sep 4, 2012
Well the point is that you could still look at your notifications. But giving people the option to do it either way would be cool

Reactions: aristobrat

Zaft

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
At first I wanted the unlock immediately, but it may unlock by mistake when glancing. There should be an option but I think having to swipe is the right move as default.

DreamPod

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2008
I don't understand why it would unlock to a screen you can see when it's locked.
Because you can’t see that screen when it’s locked...if the phone is locked and you look at it, it immediately unlocks.

...but I hate this requirement for an extra swipe, I don’t need to see notifications on my phone because I already see them on my watch.

Reactions: chabig

borgqueenx

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2010
Easy solution would be to touch the screen to prevent unlocking actually. If you dont touch the screen and look at it, it automaticly unlocks.

Whoakapi

Cancelled
May 26, 2010
I think the best solution would be to do a upwards nod with your face instead of the swipe.

Wouldn't look weird at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.