unlocked at&t 5s with au kiddi

ellysss

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2014
I recently just unlocked my 5s from att and put in my au sim card, the phone will pick up an au signal but not enough for me to actually use the phone. Any advice on how to fix this?

Acronyc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
I'm not familiar with the AT&T model but does it have CDMA bands? AU is a CDMA carrier so that might be your issue. If it has all of the bands then I'm not sure what it could be.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
but then how come it still picks up an au signal?
It's likely picking up an LTE signal, which au has launched. So it can likely lock on to the LTE pilot signal, but with au still being CDMA at its core, there's not much that your GSM-based 5s can do with that.

It MIGHT be possible that you could get data to work on LTE where they have LTE coverage, if you can find the carrier settings to manually input. But until au launches VoLTE, voice calls are out of the question.

terraphantm

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2009
Pennsylvania
It MIGHT be possible that you could get data to work on LTE where they have LTE coverage, if you can find the carrier settings to manually input. But until au launches VoLTE, voice calls are out of the question.
They're out of the question altogether on the 5S since Apple didn't enable VoLTE on those

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.