Unlocked iPhone 3G S (16GB) for £490.00 exc VAT

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dream, Jun 29, 2009.

1. dream macrumors member

Hey Guys,

I pre-ordered Apple iPhone 3G S (16GB) from http://www.handtec.co.uk/ cause the price there is really cheap and when googled the web site, most of the reviews of buyers from that site were positive ones.

I ordered almost 1 week ago but whenever I mail them, I always get a reply that "they hope these devices will be available in 1-2 weeks". :mad:

I got same reply 1 week ago and again I got the same reply yesterday lol :confused:

here is the link: http://www.handtec.co.uk/product.php/2127/apple-iphone-3g-s--16gb-

Anyone of you pre-ordered iphone 3GS from same web site? and why is it cheaper there than other web sites like www.expansys.co.uk or www.play.com since it is also unlocked one ?

2. daleski75 macrumors 65816

daleski75

Looks legit to me says they are for stock and taking preorders, keep on phoning and emailing them I guess till they can give you a delivery date

3. wpc macrumors regular

Hi. I pre-ordered an iPhone 3GS 16GB unlocked from play.com back on June 23rd. It's been a while but according to my order status it was dispatched today.

The list price is £799.99 (incl VAT), but I got one at £499.99 following a blip on their website on the day pre-orders launched. In the meantime, I was impatient and since I never thought the order would go through at that price, I got one from the Apple Store online... guess I'll return this one or sell it on eBay to offset the cost of the O2 one.

4. dream thread starter macrumors member

Congrats wpc :D

they refuse to give me any accurate date and i do not know really why!!!

they are supposed to know the date of delivery of their stock and the count of pre-orders and according to these info, they r supposed to give me a date.

For example, they are going to recieve 100 iphone, tomorrow and other 100 after 1 week.

If I am pre-order number 101, this means the device should be dispatched after 1 week :D

is not easy as I think? :confused:

5. iHateMacs macrumors 6502a

iHateMacs

I don't understand how you can "pre-order" something after the release date. Most Apple stores still have plenty in stock.

6. dream thread starter macrumors member

yes but they are locked and I need unlocked one.

by the way most of web sites do not have any stock. I do not know why!!

7. wpc macrumors regular

perhaps they need time to ship them from Australia or Italy or wherever they sell them unlocked. I'll wait to see what Play ship me, but I have my doubts that it is a 'UK' version. Then again, by opening it, do I depreciate its value on eBay :rolleyes:

Surely if these were UK models Apple would also be selling unlocked versions directly.

8. dream thread starter macrumors member

for sure they are not UK models.

We all know that most of unlocked iphones are from italy and australia.

About shipping, hmmm I do not believe that it needs more than 2-3 working days to ship 1000 iphone from Itally/Australia to UK.

9. wpc macrumors regular

Perhaps they need to get around Customs issues with importing these phones? Who knows... The UK Apple Store currently has a 5-7 day wait for phones, so it's no surprise other suppliers are having problems getting stock. At least with Play they gave an accurate June 30 launch date for pre-orders.

10. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

does anyone know how legitimate this site is, or if anyone has actually ordered an unlocked iphone 3GS and received one yet?

11. dream thread starter macrumors member

that was my questions to all members but seems no one got unlocked iphone 3GS from this site :(

12. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

:( best of luck to you then. let us know if anything shows up.

13. dream thread starter macrumors member

I am going to mail them again today.

I do not know if they get iphone from Italy or Australia but seems that italy is out of stock :(

damn!!! We never heard that Nokia has any problem with stock. It is always Apple who does :mad:

14. daleski75 macrumors 65816

daleski75

I tried to get an order through the apple store in italy which like many others did not work so I am curious to see if you ever get a response from them

Done a quick google of handtec.co.uk and all of them said customer support sucked but delivery was good, just hang in there!

Hmmm if I order 3 in one go for a few mates would I get discount.. might see if I can email them and find out

15. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

Threads that start out like this usually end up with people wanting to take it to watchdog.

I would never buy from a site like this. "Customer reviews" can be made up completely. If they are legit, you'll be fine.

If they aren't legit... uh oh.

16. dream thread starter macrumors member

I had to go for them cause iphones there are cheap.

Guys please contact them and let us see the reply.

Let's bomb them by mails, they might move their asses and work hard to get a stock when they get many requests lol

17. daleski75 macrumors 65816

daleski75

Dream, this should help you with how long it will be before you get your iPhone

Hi Dale,

Firstly i would like to say that you would be looking at a lead time 2 weeks before you take receipt of the Iphones.
    This is due to a back log of orders and a small supply which is trickling in.

Discount will not be rewarded on this order and we would insist that you place your order today if you wish to be placed on a pre-order as the prices i am aware of will be going up tomorrow.

Kind Regards

Mark Ally

18. daleski75 macrumors 65816

daleski75

Prices gone up now to £499 ex VAT so much for prices may go up tomorrow!

19. dream thread starter macrumors member

Oh thank you dale so much for your support since I created this thread :)

Guysssssssssssss they are going to increase the prices really.

£9 now and tomorrow maybe more lol who knows !!!!!!!!

I will keep you all updated if the status has been changed to be "shipping" :D

20. matttye macrumors 601

Oh my... you're getting ripped off, seriously. Cancel your order if you can.

Unlocking an iPhone took me one hour - half an hour to research how, and half an hour to actually unlock it.

You should not be paying so much extra for an unlocked phone.

21. daleski75 macrumors 65816

daleski75

I didn't think you could unlock a 3GS yet?

22. matttye macrumors 601

Probably not, but give it a couple of weeks and the dev team will work something out.

Judging by this thread it's going to take them that long to send his phone anyway!

23. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

u can't. basically, what mattye is saying is that if you COULD unlock a 3GS, it would only take you an hour, not even, so mattye doesn't think paying a few hundred extra dollars is worth getting an unlocked iphone at this point in time.

at this point in time, what you're doing is either buying a locked 3GS for 600-700 and waiting around for a few weeks-months for the jailbreak to come out.

or you can pay 800-1000 for an unlocked one from another country. albeit, if you want to use your warranty, you'll have to send it all the way back to where it was bought, in which most cases, would be italy, belgium, australia, etc.

dev-team hasn't released the jb for the 3GS yet; they're waiting for 3.0.1 firmware to be released.

24. dream thread starter macrumors member

Me too. As far I know it can not be unlocked yet. Maybe he is confused between 3G and 3G "S".

Anyway I believe that it is better to pay more for unlocked iphone cause I do not want to play "Cat & mouse" game.

Developers unlock/jailbreak it then apple updates the OS and locks it.
    Again dev team unblock then Apple updates and locks :confused: