Unlocked iPhone 4 questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MusicEnthusiast, Dec 21, 2011.

1. MusicEnthusiast, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2011

MusicEnthusiast macrumors 6502

MusicEnthusiast

So I'm considering buying a used unlocked iPhone 4 to use on Simple Mobile. I'm unsure how value goes down for iPhones, but considering it's the holidays, prices are a little higher than normal. The iPhone would have to be AT&T since Simple Mobile uses sim and micro sim cards on their GSM network (they use T Mobile towers).

There is no rush to buy one, but I'd like to see about getting a deal, perhaps spend less than $200 used and in good condition. I priced them on eBay and they are at around $250 used (not unlocked). Would the iPhone 4s be at this price used when the iPhone 5 releases next year?

Also, I want to see if anyone here has experience with Simple Mobile and the iPhone. If there is anything you guys could share with me about buying and using an unlocked iPhone, please let me know! Thanks.

2. MusicEnthusiast thread starter macrumors 6502

MusicEnthusiast

Well considering this hasn't gotten any replies, might I ask... anyone here have experience with buying a used iPhone 4 and unlocking/using it for themselves?

3. Maxdevil macrumors newbie

I'm going to buy an unlocked iphone and I order it so I will let you know. My idea was to get an iphone that I can use also in Europe

4. MusicEnthusiast thread starter macrumors 6502

MusicEnthusiast

Thanks. This would also help with my brother going to Japan and the ability to use an iPhone there too.

5. ninjaw95 macrumors 6502

i bought an iphone 4 on 4.3.5 with 4.10.01 w/ original box + accessories for $350 on craigslist. Got a Gevey SIM from applenberry.com for about $30. so its prob around $400 for getting n unlocked iphone 4. im using the walmart $30 plan from tmobile for 100min unim txt/web and im happy. Also the 5.01 untethered JB is out so i preserved my BB and have an untethered unlock :D