Unlocked iPhone 4S at US Apple retail stores?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Crapabble, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Crapabble macrumors newbie

Hi there,

I'd like to buy an unlocked iPhone 4S at a Los Angeles Apple retail store. I went to the Century City one today but the guy at the entrance didn't even know they were out on the Online store yet. Now, I've read on several threads there seem to be stores that actually carry some unlocked 4S's ... my question to you guys: Anyone seen unlocked iPhone 4S on any Apple retail store yet?

2. techguy20 macrumors 6502

Stores only carry the AT&T "device only" at full price which is essentially the same as the unlocked phone.

Apple only sells the "unlocked iPhones" online.

3. shanmugam macrumors 68020

shanmugam

I think it is going to take few days before the unlocked iPhone 4S available in the store.

I highly doubt it is online only sales.

Any one who got the iPhone 3GS/4 chime in?

4. ilifecomputer macrumors 6502

I ordered one online since my local apple store (pasadena, ca) will not sell a device only att. I hope the unlocked ones are in store before the supposed 2 week timeframe that the online order indicates.

And I kno everyone says once the device only is unlocked it will remain unlocked but I do think I'd feel better having the word unlocked on my reciept.

Hopefully when they do make it to the actual stores, someone on the forum will report back! =)

5. omegle macrumors newbie

Ok, here's an idea.

How many people were around when they first started selling the iPhone 4 unlocked? Did they ever offer those in the retail stores?

If they did, then they will offer the 4S in retail stores. If they didn't, then they might not do it with the 4S either.