unlocked iPhone 4S store reserve, how?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brave5213, Dec 15, 2011.

1. brave5213 macrumors regular

i was about to place an iphone 4s order via apple.com but when i see the delivery estimation, i just changed my mind, because i will be in other state. what i want to ask is, i read from somewhere or i heard from somebody, i can reserve an item in apple store. but actually how does it work? i couldn't find the right info.
    thanks...

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I believe it's a "day of" thing. Call the Apple store and let them know you want one. AFAIK if you pay off contract price for the ATT version they unlock it for you, or at least that is what they were doing at launch.

3. DroidRules macrumors 65816

Just order and then change the addy to the one where you'll be. OR use the app to place one on hold the night before you want to pick up.

4. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Reserve the phone for pick up at the Apple Store of your choosing. I believe it will give you a pick up time window. They will usually give you a confirmation. They will hold one phone for you. If you miss this window, it becomes available to everyone. They don't charge you until you actually have the phone in hand.

5. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

The pick up window is 10am to 6pm. Basically, it is an all day window. I did reserve one for my daughter and due to our schedule, we were not able to come until 8pm. I call then in the morning and they told me don't worry about it, they usually hold it until the store close which is 9pm. If by that time, you are not showing up to get yours, it is available for others.