Unlocked Iphone - change SIM = Problems with contact numbers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pieroft, Dec 19, 2011.

1. pieroft macrumors newbie

Hell guys,

this is my first post on macrumors, and its because Ive got a problem I cannot solve.

I have my unlocked iphone (ATT US carrier), also Ive saved several numbers from my home country (not the US), using its international code +011(country´s number)....

Now, Im moving from the US back to my country, I bought a SIM card, line etc... It works perfectly (voice, data, etc)

the problems is in my contact list; when my contacts call me or send me a text, it appears as unknown. that because the iphone is taking my new line as standard. contacts i saved in the US (ex. 555 593 3999) and intl (ex 01158 241 232 2323) are not link to the contact name,

isntead, these numbers appear like (US +1 555 593 3999) and (foreign 241 232 2323).....

How can i solve the problem? do I have to change every contact info and do a reverse saving.. puting the US code to US contacts and deleting my contry´s code??

I also keep my US line working, so I can go back and have also my contacts there, but if I change them, what will happen?

I did my best explaining, let me know if you guys require some extra info,

thanks for you time

2. M Quick macrumors 6502

M Quick

Try adding a second number to the same contact with the other prefix and see if that works out, that way you will only have one contact entry as you did before.. Maybe not the answer you're looking for, but that's what i'd do if it works!