Unlocked iPhone on Orange? You may want to read this

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by drpellypo, Jul 2, 2008.

1. drpellypo macrumors 6502

Rang Orange (UK) up today to get my PAC code and the girl asked why I was wanting to move. I explained it was to get the new iPhone as my current iPhone which has my Orange sim card in it is costing me a fortune due to Orange's extortionate data charges. I made the point that O2 would be offering me unlimited data. To which she replied, 'as of yesterday, Orange are now offering the same.' Turns out in response to O2 subbing the iPhone, because they are at risk of losing a lot of customers (they are well aware there are loads of unlocked iPhones on their network,) they have brought in unlimited data to compete.

So if anyone is on Orange - give them a call!

2. mattpreston11 macrumors 6502a

the thread title gave the wrong impression

basically orange offer a data plan, amazing.

3. frosse macrumors 6502a

First I read the title, and I thought it was about Orange deciding to sell unlocked iphones. Then I viewed the post and the saw that Orange is subbing their price to gain costumers.

OMG!!1!one!!1!eleven :eek::eek:

...but then I realised it was just about a damn plan. :( Misleading title.

4. camonthemac macrumors newbie

So if i phone up orange? all i have to do is ask for unlimited data and i will get it?

5. drpellypo thread starter macrumors 6502

SOrry for the misleading title. I should have said 'If you have an unlocked iPhone on Orange, you may want to read this.' My bad, entirely.

And yes, ring Orange up and say you want a plan with unlimited data. I did however, go to O2 and the 3G iphone.