unlocked iPhone, when calling those on family plan displays Voicemail as name?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jarvxd, Jul 22, 2008.

1. jarvxd macrumors newbie

so i unlocked an iPhone, synced it up yada yada yada and went to call someone on my family plan and it displays Voicemail as the name you are calling!!! the call actually goes through to whoever i am calling but shows Voicemail as the name for the entire call... however, if you go to the keypad and type in the number manually it displays just below the number the name of the person you are calling in small letters, but still when you hit SEND it goes right back to displaying Voicemail as the name and still calls the number assigned to that person... what gives?

2. jarvxd thread starter macrumors newbie

Well apparently the SIM card in my old phone was too old and would function to make calls and such but wouldn't operate correctly in every aspect as I came to find out. I' sure you could come up with some excuse to get ATT to burn you a new card but I ended up getting one when I got a new cheapie phone when I switched over to a different family plan. Hope this might help someone in the future.

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I'm really confused… what issue are you having? You can access your other account member's voicemails?

4. jarvxd thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not having issues anymore. My old SIM card (probably about 2.5 years old) wasn't syncing right with the towers. When I called someone on my family plan the call would go through connect and function fine but the entire time the name would display Voicemail as if I was calling my voicemail. A new SIM fixed this issue and there currently no problems what so ever.