Unlocked my iPhone -- Now what to do? How do I set it up with T-mobile? (3G)

ooggaala

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2010
Hello there,​

I've recently JUST unlocked my iPhone 3G. I've been trying to do this for a while because, unfortunately, I hate at&t. So I've gotten it all unlocked etc... Now, I have no idea what to do. I took the original sim card(AT&T sim) and replaced it with another one(T-mobile sim). It recognizes it but like in the original sim card, it still says "No Service" in the lop left corner. So as of now, I don't know what to do so far. Maybe someone who is experienced in this and/or unlocked their own iPhone 3G could possibly give me advice and/or tell me how to activate it/set it up with T-mobile. Thanks.
-ooggaala.​

LapsangSouchong

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2010
the burrows
Hello there,​

I've recently JUST unlocked my iPhone 3G. I've been trying to do this for a while because, unfortunately, I hate at&t. So I've gotten it all unlocked etc... Now, I have no idea what to do. I took the original sim card(AT&T sim) and replaced it with another one(T-mobile sim). It recognizes it but like in the original sim card, it still says "No Service" in the lop left corner. So as of now, I don't know what to do so far. Maybe someone who is experienced in this and/or unlocked their own iPhone 3G could possibly give me advice and/or tell me how to activate it/set it up with T-mobile. Thanks.
-ooggaala.​
One would assume you need to call tmobile and make sure you have a data plan that's compatible with it (ie, not a sidekick plan, or an android plan...). You know you won't get "3G" right? Only EDGE.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
One would assume you need to call tmobile and make sure you have a data plan that's compatible with it (ie, not a sidekick plan, or an android plan...). You know you won't get "3G" right? Only EDGE.
A data plan has nothing to do with using the iphone on tmobile and getting no service.
OP make sure you install ultrasnow from cydia to unlock.
Also go into settings/general/network and turn off enable 3G.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.