Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pugnut

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
Heading to Paris and have a pre-paid sim from Orange. Instructions are to put in, when in Paris, and download the config file for the data settings. Not an issue. My question is what will happen when I swap my AT&T sim back in? Will it default or is there anything I need to do ?

Thanks

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
It's probly changing the APN setting. Note what is now, and change back if needed.

Settings -> General -> Profile.

saud0488

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2011
Make sure you do the restore prior to leaving. You can restore from backup but make sure the restore is done so that the unlock is pushed through to your iphone.

When I travel overseas, I just power the phone off, put the new sim in, then power in back on. APN and all settings seem to adjust themselves just fine.

J.L.Photography

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2012
South Florida
Heading to Paris and have a pre-paid sim from Orange. Instructions are to put in, when in Paris, and download the config file for the data settings. Not an issue. My question is what will happen when I swap my AT&T sim back in? Will it default or is there anything I need to do ?

Thanks
Where did you get your sim? I leave for Paris in may.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.