unlockfusion.net iphone unlock service

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dmetz283, Aug 11, 2014.

1. dmetz283 macrumors member

Has anyone used this service before? I need to unlock my AT&T iphone 4 but cannot go through AT&T because I bought it used 2 years ago through ebay.

Is http://www.unlockfusion.net legit or is it a scam?

Do I need a sim card for it to work?

2. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

I've used UnlockFusion on eBay back the last time it was legal. They seemed to have a good rep and their service was good for me. If this is the same group I'd say go for it.

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Just curious why two years makes a difference?

I ask because I had an AT&T 3GS since December 2011. My sister owned it previously and it went through at least two phone numbers and two states before it got to me. It was deactivated in late 2011. I passed it on to a friend about three months ago and he had no serious issues getting an unlock directly from AT&T.

I'm not an AT&T customer, so I'm just curious why the third owner of an iPhone model that is older than yours and that's been inactive for over three years can get an unlock, but you can't.

4. dmetz283 thread starter macrumors member

I am a AT&T business customer and need to call AT&T to unlock. I was told because of new policies the original owner of the phone needs to submit the unlock request. Since I bought off ebay and can no longer contact the seller I cannot unlock through AT&T.

5. Imhzw macrumors newbie

Imhzw

The AT&T unlocking's price seems the lowest...You can have a try.

The day before yesterday I write some questions to support@chronicunlocks.com, they don't reply until now.

But in my opinion, the 2 year's contract has already ended and under new unlocking law the carrier should unlock it for you right now.

For my Sprint 5c activated on Jan 15, 2014. I am wondering will sprint unlock it for me who don't have Sprint account at Jan 15, 2016?

6. dmetz283 thread starter macrumors member

As I stated I called AT&T and because of a new policy the original owner would have to be the one to submit the request.

Also iirc cdma phones cannot be unlocked?

Does anyone recommend a somewhat cheap unlocking service for iphone 4 (under $50.00)?

7. ratbrain macrumors member

i just used unlockfusion's service to unlock a GS5.

used it in the past when there were still $2 ATT iphone unlocks a few times as well.

service is reliable and always turned around in the time described with the service.

8. dmetz283 thread starter macrumors member

Was that on ebay or a website? Is the website the same seller?

9. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

I believe that UnlockFusion and several other unlock groups went to having their own sites when unlocking became illegal and eBay kicked them out.

10. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Maybe it's the difference between a business account and a personal account then?

My friend had to ask for a higher level of tech support, but he did get that iPhone 3GS unlocked and he was not the original owner (my sister was). There was zero chance that my sister would even have bothered to help us on this if it was necessary to have the original owner submit the unlock.

But, this was a personal account.

----------

No. Not even if God Himself asked Sprint nicely.

11. dmetz283 thread starter macrumors member

Maybe. The AT&T guy said that AT&T recently changed their policies. I was on the phone for about 20 minutes and it sounded like he was looking through the policy.

12. dmetz283 thread starter macrumors member

Question: Can I use my old AT&T micro sim card to unlock my iphone?

Are unlockfusion.net and SwiftUnlocks.com reliable unlockers?

13. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Yes. They're one in the same.

14. dmetz283 thread starter macrumors member

Question: Can I use my old AT&T micro sim card to unlock my iphone? Or do I need to buy a plan with another carrier?

Are they reliable unlockers?

15. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Yes and yes.

16. dmetz283 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. I thought I read somewhere you needed to use a sim card different from your current carrier to unlock your iphone.

17. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

You just need a sim to activate (original or not) and you'll see the "congrats your iPhone is now unlocked" message in iTunes.

18. dmetz283 thread starter macrumors member

So i'll be safe using my old at&t micro sim card even if all my stuff is now being used on my new nano sim card?

19. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

According to their new rules the OP was told correct info on either business or personal accounts its the same.
    https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
    But you just gotta keep trying to get a willing and helpful rep that's willing to do it for you.

20. dmetz283 thread starter macrumors member

Question: Whats the difference between unlock services like unlockfusion and getting it unlock through AT&T (other than the price)?

Would it be wise to use a paid service if I couldn't convince AT&T to unlock my phone?

21. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No difference besides one is free and the other one you gotta pay.
    Once unlocked it unlocked for good.
    I think chronic unlocks service is pretty decent too but a little more expensive than swiftunlocks.
    But if you cant get it unlocked for free then mind as well pay for it and get it done.
    But try calling AT&T a few more times, sometimes you will get lucky with a good rep.

22. dmetz283 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. do you have a link for chronic unlocks?

23. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Just search it on google and it will come up.
    I'm not 100% but I don't think we're allowed to post links to unlocking sites cause many before were starting new user accounts and trying to advertise their unlock sites on posts and on their signatures.

24. dmetz283 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks I found it. Just wanted to make sure it was the correct one. I've seen many similar urls for other service names.

25. dmetz283 thread starter macrumors member