Unlocking a 4S on 6.1.3

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by OhShiznit54, Apr 2, 2013.

1. OhShiznit54 macrumors newbie

I'm completely new to the whole "unlocking" thing. I used to jailbreak my phone a couple years back just to play around with the tweaks but I stopped a long time ago.

I need help for a friend. She is a foreign exchange student from Poland and got an iPhone 4S while she was here (in the US) under AT&T. Someone jailbroke/unlocked it for her. Yesterday, she updated to 6.1.3, not knowing it would take away her jailbreak. She is leaving in a month and needs to have it unlocked so she can use it in Poland.

I need to know if by unlocking her phone, she will be able to use her services when she goes back to Poland (Orange or Plus). AND is it possible to even unlock her phone now that it is on 6.1.3?

I could be asking the wrong questions, being that I haven't ever dealt with any unlocking. Please, someone explain to me what unlocking means if it seems like I have no idea what I'm talking about. Thank you all in advance.

2. madsci954 macrumors 68030

If she ended her AT&T contract, she can request an unlock through them. Once it's unlocked from them, it's unlocked for good.

3. chestvrg, Apr 2, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2013

chestvrg macrumors 65816

chestvrg

If she paid it in full she should be ok and AT&T will unlock it for her as others have pointed out. Another thing you can do, is search for those 3rd. Party unlocking sites and they usually unlock it for a higher price.

Check this thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1565079

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Just listen to that. Contract is up, so is the lock.

5. aj.ilover04 macrumors member