Unlocking Full Price AT&T iPhone 6 From Best Buy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CamilleDG, Oct 7, 2014.

1. CamilleDG macrumors newbie

Bought it as a device only, unactivated, yet when I submitted an unlock request on AT&T.com, they said: "You have not completed your service agreement. You are a prepay customer and you must have 6 months of prepaid service to qualify for a device unlock." I double checked with Best Buy and they confirmed that the phone was bought without any commitment (not even as a GoPhone).

Is my only option now to go for unlocking sites?

Edit: Bought it for use in the Philippines.

2. julius071 macrumors regular

Many users have had great sucess and with https://www.swiftunlocks.com

3. myscrnnm macrumors 6502a

myscrnnm

Just try calling them up. AT&T customer service is not that bad. When I submitted an unlock request for my out-of-contract 4S, I got an email saying I had been denied because I had apparently exceeded the number of requests allowed in a given period (not true, since it was the ONLY phone I had had on the line for the past three years). Turns out it was just a system error and the rep fixed it for me.

4. 617aircav Suspended

Do you have an ATT account? You will need one.

5. CamilleDG thread starter macrumors newbie

I have, and the only thing they told me was that I had to wait 15 days after purchase before submitting a request.

----------

No, unfortunately.

6. libu macrumors member

libu

I paid $100 for an iPhone 6 unlock with www.iphoneunlockguys.com

Done in 24 hours.

Pretty much all unlock guys are the same

7. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Return it and buy device-only AT&T, T-Mobile or Verizon version from Apple Store. Those are unlocked by Apple.

Unfortunately, not being an AT&T account holder, your only recourse for the Best Buy iPhone is likely just 3rd party unlock sites.