Unlocking Iphone 4S for Tmobile.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Noojin, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Noojin macrumors newbie

My friend is offering me his 4month old 32gb Iphone 4S (with applecare) currently under ATT for a little under 400 dollars (Is that worth it?). Once I purchase the phone from my friend, do I need to be on a carrier to unlock the Iphone 4S or can I unlock it without being on the ATT network?

From what I see so far, it seems like it will cost some money to unlock the phone. I see some people are saying that it cost about 10-50 dollars on ebay to do the unlock. Would I need to pay a price for an unlocked method? If not, what are the safe and free methods in order to unlock the phone?

2. GoreVidal macrumors 6502a

GoreVidal

Not a great deal. If it were unlocked, maybe. But not something I'd kill for.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, most likely the 4S is still under contract so you will need to pay for an IMEI unlock to have it work on Tmobile.

4. galancastillo macrumors newbie

I just got mine for 39.99 I found it here in the forums i just dont remember where is the link here is his email i made the payment through paypal sent him the info that he needed and 4 hrs later It was unlocked here is his email. His name is Eddie

eddied316@gmail.com

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I seen them on ebay for as cheap as $15.
    $40 is still a decent price.

6. Noojin thread starter macrumors newbie