Unofficial who do you want in the white house 2016 Poll

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by TheMacApple, Jan 29, 2016.

?

Place your Vote

1. Trump

10 vote(s)
    16.9%
  2. Clinton

13 vote(s)
    22.0%
  3. Sanders

22 vote(s)
    37.3%
  4. Cruze

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  5. Omally

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  6. Rubio

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  7. Carson

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Bush

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other - write it in

9 vote(s)
    15.3%
  1. TheMacApple, Jan 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2016

TheMacApple macrumors regular

Totally unofficial - your name will not be shown with vote, you can vote once--- just wondering where this group would love to hang there hat
    I'm only using the top few from each side, if I missed someone, write it in and Ill try to change the poll...Thanks!
    Sorry, type - O'Malley is spelled wrong

2. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Well Bloomberg said he might run. I would also add in Biden just for s&g's.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

4. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Ron Paul
    Gary J

Pedro from Napoleon dynamite

5. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

6. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

So, we know who the clowns are that selected Trump. I don't get to vote for real but Bernie 4 President!
    --- Post Merged, Jan 30, 2016 ---
    Also, if Jon Stewart was running, anyone else think he'd win by a landslide? That wouldn't mean that he would be the best person for the job, but the most electable. And that points to the problem.

7. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Lol Ben Carson. Why is he still even in this race? And to think they actually let him sit at the grown up table. He should be with Fiorina and the other dim bulbs.

8. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

You should have the same people listed, but with options for people inside and outside the US. Could be interesting to see.

9. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

None of the above. Will vote Democratic as we can't have the nut jobs pack the SC as 2-4 new justices is likely.

10. thermodynamic, Jan 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2016

thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Kasich dropped out? Pity. He and Trump were the more sane ones of the bunch.

Not sure why many of the others ran to begin with...
    --- Post Merged, Jan 30, 2016 ---

LOL - there's a hilarious irony in that: You just described quite succinctly and distinctly our current "free market economic society", word for word: The best don't always win, what's best marketed wins. Doesn't matter if it's good for the people or not.

Remember, democracy (or a republic) is not synonymous with populism...

For the record, if not off the record, what is best for the American people? And do the American people even know? Would they agree to it if they were told what it is?

11. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Anyone other than Trump or an electable Republican. :p In the general election, my vote will be for Hillary or Sanders. I can't vote in the Democratic primary.

12. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

Is there any guess who will come out in favor in this poll? This is an Apple forum..... People who think different.

think_different_apple-wide.jpg

13. nightcap965 macrumors 6502a

nightcap965

Rules to live by:

Always count your change.
    Always cut the cards.
    Always vote the straight Democratic ticket.

14. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Did he? I can't seem to find anything about him dropping out.

15. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

Only morons vote straight ticket

16. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Moron here.

I've already explained why voting straight ticket makes sense according to the U.S. Political system, but I'll sum it up again.

Politicians are beholden to their party. So while I could see myself casting a vote for a Republican who was pro life, pro alternative energy, anti war, pro gun restriction, gay friendly, pro social safety net, etc., he wouldn't be a Republican because they'd have kicked him out long ago. And those offices that appear to be less partisan: State Treasurer, AG, Controller, etc., still have a role in creating policy, so I still want somebody who supports policy that I believe in in those offices as well.

From city offices up to county supervisior, those seats are nonpartisan, so party affiliation is a moot point. But for offices beyond that, the party and what it stands for becomes a vital consideration. If you don't want to vote straight party, then that is your choice. But it seems to me that you are then voting against your own interest as those candidates who aren't in your party will be actively working against policy that you support. If however, you have a clear and coherent political philosophy, and want that philosophy championed as strongly as possible, then there is no better alternative than to vote straight ticket.

In a one vote, winner-take-all system, that is the best I can do with what is given to me. If the U.S. adopted alternative voting systems, or proportional representation, then that would change things entirely. Unfortunately, given the constraints that we voters currently have to live under, it's the best way for me to get the most candidates in office who will promote the policy and direction I want this country to go in.

17. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

no, the OP left him and a number of others off the poll (Christie, Rand Paul, et al)......why? some evil conspiracy no doubt! :eek:

In fact The NY Times just endorsed Kasich for the republican nomination (link) (NYTimes editorial)

18. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

Back in the Cold War era, I used to mix and match all the time, including voting for candidates from minor parties and independents. Since 1995, I have not voted for a single Republican for any partisan office. The enforcement of "party discipline" really got serious with the K-Street mob, and, it has gotten worse ever since. If the best candidate was a Republican, I still wouldn't vote for him, although I find it less and less frequent that the best candidate would be a Republican -- all the liberal and even moderate Republicans have long since been thrown out.

19. TheMacApple thread starter macrumors regular

Read the OP ...I only put 3 or 4 of the front runners up...

20. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

it was a joke

21. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

If they don't know, they are not qualified to vote. And I believe they are not qualified in the respect that they are not informed for two reasons. Not trying to be informed and being misinformed. But whilst not wanting to take the initiative to read about and understand the people who are begging for their votes, they are not just removed from the hysteria of it, they are targeted with sensationalist and agenda driven ******** by the likes of Fox News. So they are sent in the opposite direction of being informed by simply not trying. Hardly fair play. That's why each candidate should sit a qualifying exam and be ruled out of they prove to be a Herman Cain or Donald Trump. Ranting to a microphone does not prove your validity, nor does pretending to be a super successful businessman.

22. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I'm hoping for Bloomberg to jump in and be able to win a third party run. I don't think many of the ones currently running would be able to work with the other side as they have to to get anything done, but I think as an independent he might be able to.