Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

commadner_graph

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
Hey I have read somewhere that there is a version of disk copy with lots of bugs that is able to open dmg files on os9. I guess they have decided to not bring it out because of the mac osx was coming out though it is on osx. I am looking for it so i can open a dmg file on mac os9. If you have any info on this subject please reply.

:cool:

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
commadner_graph said:
Hey I have read somewhere that there is a version of disk copy with lots of bugs that is able to open dmg files on os9. I guess they have decided to not bring it out because of the mac osx was coming out though it is on osx. I am looking for it so i can open a dmg file on mac os9. If you have any info on this subject please reply.

P.S: The reason i need to use a dmg on os9 is because the dmg file is the osx upgrade. :cool:
You are just going to have to burn your pirated CD images on a MacOS X machine and then boot from your burned CDs. You cannot install MacOS X on a computer that is booted into MacOS 9.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
what good will it do you since you would have to burn the dmg anyways to boot off the cd to install it.

iJon

ebuddy889

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2004
commadner_graph said:

P.S: The reason i need to use a dmg on os9 is because the dmg file is the osx upgrade. :cool:
I know what you are talking about. The version of Disk Copy shipped with OS 9 is 6.3. and it will not mount dmg. disk images. You need version 6.4. It opens all .dmg files and has many other features. (my favorite is the "Make image from device" option) I have it if you want it.
It is not neccessarily used for pirated software. I send people disk images at work for legitamate reasons all the time and some people still run OS 9.

I'd buy a G5 but I'm not rich......

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
ebuddy889 said:
I know what you are talking about. The version of Disk Copy shipped with OS 9 is 6.3. and it will not mount dmg. disk images. You need version 6.4. It opens all .dmg files and has many other features. (my favorite is the "Make image from device" option) I have it if you want it.
It is not neccessarily used for pirated software. I send people disk images at work for legitamate reasons all the time and some people still run OS 9.

I'd buy a G5 but I'm not rich......
he mentioned pirate earlier specifically cause he was using it to mount os x.

iJon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.