Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Edge1978

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 11, 2011
Has anyone had the issue where their phone would just freeze? And the only way to fix it is to do a hard reset? This has happened to be twice...anyone else?

Reactions: Margit72

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Has anyone had the issue where their phone would just freeze? And the only way to fix it is to do a hard reset? This has happened to be twice...anyone else?

Possibly a future software update could resolve this issue.

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
It has happened to me twice. I was able to recover the 2nd time by starting the camera. All buttons froze including the home.
Happened to me this morning and I dont know what I did to start it up.Hard reset was not working,nor the touchscreen.Somehow it resetted.Was your touch working?

iBug2

macrumors 601
Jun 12, 2005
Mine froze during restore, physical buttons were working but the screen won't input any touch. So I can't do anything. I can activate voice control by holding down the home button and that's all.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Happened to me this morning and I dont know what I did to start it up.Hard reset was not working,nor the touchscreen.Somehow it resetted.Was your touch working?

None of my buttons would respond including volume and home. Touch was working as I was able to swipe up and get to the camera. When I did the buttons started responding again.

This happened with out any warning. Not too concerned as it only happened twice and I am sure that people's iPhone are sending this data to Apple.

Reactions: Applejuiced
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.