Unsual things only you know about your iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vonWachtstain, May 26, 2012.

1. vonWachtstain macrumors regular

One day in winter I was leaving my job. I was the last one to leave and it was around 7PM but already dark. I needed to check oil so I popped hood of my car and because it was dark I used iPhone's flash as source of light. Afterwards I got inside my car. On the I-84 I started looking for my phone in cup holder where I usually put it. I couldn't find it so I just continued driving thinking I must have thrown it on the seat or floor. Remember its dark, I'm on the interstate. So 5 minutes from home my heart stopped because I realized I left my iPhone on top of the engine bay. Now I am thinking about going back and looking for it on parking lot. But I figured I am already close to home so I better stop at home and let my wife know I have to go back. I get home park my car and as I start walking away I hear text message sound.
    Can you believe my luck? Phone slid down and lodge itself between some cables. :cool:

Anybody have similar stories?

2. 7DSniper macrumors regular

Not a similar story but I left mine on the roof of my car and then ran over it. Thanks for black tie protection though.

3. mrbutters macrumors regular

4. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Whenever I tap it on the left side of my MBP, my Mac goes into sleep mode.

5. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Pmsl.

;)

6. MsRandall macrumors 6502a

MsRandall

You were soooo lucky.

7. kaielement macrumors 65816

8. bassett700 macrumors member

bassett700

One time I was at a store that had a slew of Iphone cases (snap on, leather holsters, silicone, etc.). Anyway, I tested many of them. On my way home I reached for my Iphone to check for messages. Oops, no phone. Returned to the store and found it inside one of the leather holsters.

9. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

I took my ip4 in for an intermittent home button. The guy listened to me and said I'll get you a new phone. On his way to the draws he dropped my phone and smashed front and back. Lol

10. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

I jumped into waist-deep water to save my 2 year old daughter from drowning, forgetting that my iPhone was in my pocket. To this day my phone still works as it did before, with no problems whatsoever. It was inside a leather Sena sleeve, which must have kept the water from getting inside the device. Oh, and my daughter is ok as well...

11. Beenblacklisted macrumors 6502

Beenblacklisted

haha can someone invent a leash like case or have it so it stays attached with a retractable cord or sum thing that resembles a leash...but yes i also have a story....3 years ago or so i bought the original iphone2g from my friends lil brother who messed up his jailbreak attempt...so i asked him if it turns on...he said yes..thats all i needed to hear ..i bought it for 20 bucks...restored...new ipsw..new everything..rejailbroke..fully functioning...i was in college at the time...using it for emails...research...writing notes...and had a bad habit of taking it in bathroom...and i would leave it on the toilet paper dispenser towards wrapping up my toilet business. One time i was running late for class so i finished up in a hurry go to class..teacher says everyone make sure ur phones are off...i reach down..and im like nooooooo...so i get up run out to same bathroom and thank god it was still there.......You would think i learned my lesson...same thing happened a month or so later in the library bathroom....not so lucky..first time it was in an adjacent bathroom to nearby classrooms...2nd time in the library....not so lucky.....still have that habit of placing it on toilet paper dispenser...but now im way more aware of where the phone is.

12. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

I went into Apple shortly after the iPhone 4 was released in white because I was having an issue with the ear speaker sounds like crap. As I was waiting for my genius bar appointment, I was looking at the MacBook accessory wall and sending a text message when an Apple Employee walked right into my my hands. This sent my phone flying through the air and across the floor. The glass cracked on the back of the phone real bad, and the employee didn't realize what he had done until he heard me start swearing in the store.

After countless apologies and about 40 minutes, I left the apple store without the ear piece speaker problems because I had a brand new phone. So, luckily for me, that happened at the Apple Store, and not some other store.

13. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

I cant believe that you were going to drive all the way back to the location where you were, and you weren't going to check under the hood...Until you heard a text tone. As soon as I realized that I had left in on the motor, I would have pulled over and popped the hood...I wouldn't have just assumed it fell out. In fact, I think there is a better chance of it NOT falling out.

14. aliensporebomb macrumors 68000

aliensporebomb

Sigh

A friend of mine was walking home from work and took a shortcut thru a parking lot right before a major rainstorm to save time.

On the asphalt was a perfectly intact iphone just sitting there.

So he took it home and was going to try and call whoever owned it to see if they had lost it and wanted it back. But before he could call the guy, he started getting all kinds of calls on that phone from creditors who wanted money from the guy. That was funny.

So he eventually gets the guy who had been looking wildly all over for his phone and he drops by and picks it up and thanked my friend and gave him $20 for his trouble.

So, hang outside of bars past closing time, you might find an iphone.

15. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

i find it funny he gave your friend money when he has all of this debt haha.

16. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

You had better luck than me. I was at work and got out of my car to smoke and set my phone on my light bar. Got a call and had to go. About an hour later I couldn't find my phone. After a three hour search I found it. It road on my car clear across town and came off on a sharp turn inside our parking lot. One shattered screen with an Applecare+ replacement and all is good again.

17. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

A few years ago I heard about a Bluetooth bracelet that vibrates when you go out of range of your phone. No idea what the name of it is though :eek:

18. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I actually think this could be a very useful thing that could serve multiple purposes. Not only could it help you remember to take your phone, but it could also lock your computer when you walk away, or turn off any other bluetooth devices when you leave.