untethered 5.01 iPhone 4 1.59.00 baseband (At&t service) only 1 signal bar

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jasheeky, Dec 27, 2011.

1. jasheeky macrumors member

Just restored my phone using redsn0w to get to iOS 5.01 preserving 1.59.00 unlockable baseband.

I use At&t. Did not restore from backup. I setup as new iphone for a nice and clean install. However I am only getting 1 signal bar. I've restarted but that did not help.

My wifes iphone 4 I restored to 5.01 with latest baseband (not unlockable). I used redsnow to jailbreak. Phone was setup as new.
    Her signal bars are just fine.

anyone else? is there a flaw in the old baseband that was just not meant to be used with iOS 5.01?

2. definitive macrumors 68000

definitive

I've had that issue for a while as well (even when updating to 5.0 while preserving the baseband). It has something to do with the later versions of iOS and that particular baseband. The fix for it is to install Ultrasn0w, but there's some special way to do it, because otherwise you will end up missing calls, voicemails and text messages (unless this has already been fixed). Hopefully there's someone on here who's more familiar with this than me and can provide more info.

After trying a couple of times to get Ultrasn0w to work properly (voicemail, calls, sms), I ended up getting rid of it, and staying with the single signal bar instead. I figure as long as I have reception, it's not a big deal whether I get the actual bar reading or not.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its a well known issue for over a year now.
    Once you keep the unlockable baseband on a higher firmware you will have this prob.
    Its strictly visual, you still get perfect signal on strong areas. It just doesnt display it up there.
    You can install ultrasnow from cydia to fix this but it might break your visual voicemail and MMS.
    Up to you.

4. Makaveli6103 macrumors 6502

If you have baseband 1.59.00 and are officially activated through AT&T you still need to install ultrasn0w. I had the same problem but after installing ultrasn0w by bars are back to normal. Granted this is on 4.3.3 but should be the same on 5.0.1. It does mess with my voicemail but I started using Youmail instead it. It is much better than AT&T voicemail. Concerning MMS at first did not work for me but after changing my carrier name back to AT&T on the status bar it started to work again.