Untethered JB for iPhone 4? (Just got a new MacBook)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HappyDude20, Nov 13, 2012.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Just purchased a new MacBook Air, of which I want to restore my iPhone 4 with. However, I'd love to have an untethered JB, is this possible or have people given up on this?

I'm all ears. Seriously asking cause i'm stumped on the matter.

2. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

iOS 6.0.1 can be jailbroken but it's tethered only, sorry :/

3. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Argh, looks like i'll have to update to 6.0.1 w/o a JB. Sucks, looks like i'll be losing my tethering. Something I really could use from time to time, but need to update desperately after cracking the bottom right of my iPhone 4 and it's been acting up extremely. So slow lately, 15 seconds to open any app since.

4. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I suppose I should have asked this before.... But is there anyway I can connect my iPhone 4 to my new MacBook Air and sync up music and all that good stuff without having to update to 6.0.1?

I'd love to without having to jump into iOS 6.

5. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

Just sync normally and don't restore and you won't be forced to update.

If you're asking how to get your music from your iPhone onto your Macbook, there's no easy way to do it. I recently had to do this because I bought a new Macbook as well and I used iExplorer to pull my music from the device, then added that folder to iTunes. It got all my music into iTunes but some of the songs had random names like "AHET" or "MNH4" etc, took about an hour to rename the ones that didn't come out right.

Other than that, when you plug in your phone. Log onto iTunes with the Apple id you used with your iPhone, and in File click Transfer Purchases then just sync normally and everything should be good.

6. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

Yes, you can sync to iTunes without updating to 6.0.1, just click "don't update" and it'll work fine on 6.0.