Unusual icon appeared at the top of my phone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Traxan, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Traxan macrumors member

This was a hard one to google because, well, how do you describe it? It's between the Bluetooth symbol and the 100% battery symbol at the top.

[​IMG]

2. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

It's the battery indicator for your Jawbone BT headset.

3. Traxan thread starter macrumors member

Plantronics, actually, but thanks. Will it fill all the way? I've got that thing plugged into the power outlet, it should be fully charged. As it looks now I'm at a 3/4 charge.

4. DanielCoffey macrumors 65816

DanielCoffey

If the headset battery is healthy then it should show a full charge, yes.

Mind you, I don't know how often the indicator is polled or if the device needs to be switched off then on for it to update. It is also possible that the device only reports certain percentages (almost empty, roughly half, not quite full and full for example).

If the headset is new, ask about a warranty replacement. If it is old, it is possible that the battery percentage needs calibrating.

It will almost certainly be a Lithium battery of some type and the majority of devices with lithium batteries have some sort of battery monitoring and will turn themselves off to protect the battery when it gets really low.

I would run the headset until it turns itself off due to the Low Battery state then charge it up to full in a single go without interruption. This should recalibrate the battery levels in the headset.

The headset may also be charging the battery up to "almost full" then applying a tiny trickle charge to slowly crawl the rest of the way to 100%.

5. Redneck-Randy macrumors member

Traxan,

Not highjacking your thread but have a question for you. How did you get the apple icon for the folder name ?

6. Brian Y macrumors 68040

7. Traxan thread starter macrumors member

It shows up full now, so I guess it's a little slow.

As for the Apple icon, I used an app called Glyphboard. It has a bunch of oddball symbols you can cut and paste. I just cut the Apple symbol and pasted it into the folder originally named Apple.

Have fun. :)

8. Redneck-Randy macrumors member

9. Traxan thread starter macrumors member

Glad to help.

Is there a FAQ or some kind of collective knowledge/hacks where we could contribute this little tidbit about Glyphboard?