Unusual Message from iCloud

bowlerman625

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Chicago, IL area
In the course of doing a backup and restore on my iPhone (to unlock it), I got a screen message that xxxx@icloud.com has been added to my Apple ID for iMessage and FaceTime. The xxxx is the same thing that precedes the @me.com in my iCloud email address.

I don't have an @icloud.com address, but I have an @me.com address.

Just a bit confusing. Anyone else get a message like this?

Thanks

jpcarro

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2009
On your nine
In the course of doing a backup and restore on my iPhone (to unlock it), I got a screen message that xxxx@icloud.com has been added to my Apple ID for iMessage and FaceTime. The xxxx is the same thing that precedes the @me.com in my iCloud email address.

I don't have an @icloud.com address, but I have an @me.com address.

Just a bit confusing. Anyone else get a message like this?

Thanks
Congrats, you now have a matching @icloud.com email address...tied to your @me.com addy.
Apple is rolling them out to everyone. You don't need to do anything. Use it or not.

bowlerman625

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Chicago, IL area
Congrats, you now have a matching @icloud.com email address...tied to your @me.com addy.
Apple is rolling them out to everyone. You don't need to do anything. Use it or not.
Yes, but when I send an email to this @icloud.com address, it bounces back to my Gmail sending account. I've tired it a few times and it bounces back each time I try.

??

LouieSamman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
Orlando, Florida
Okay I got the same exact thing. I accepted it because I wanted to use @iCloud.com for iMessage and Facetime but it never changed my email address for the iCloud service for using mail, calender, ect.

bowlerman625

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Chicago, IL area
Okay I got the same exact thing. I accepted it because I wanted to use @iCloud.com for iMessage and Facetime but it never changed my email address for the iCloud service for using mail, calender, ect.
We're supposed to get an email when we can start using the @icloud.com email address.