Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iapplelove

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
A few months back I read some posts about forum members getting their phone bombarded with text ads and spam and up until then have never got one ..

But now I get at least one text a day telling me I won something or to come claim a gift card of some kind. All from different numbers ,and normally this stuff doesn't get under my skin but it is now..and getting kind of annoying.

Not sure why it's happening all of a sudden I assume some place sold out my cell # and other info

McGiord

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2003
Dark Castle
If you are with AT&T, text the SMS to SPAM, and they can take care of it.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
I don't get a text every day. But it's a spam text once a week with AT&T. At least it's better than tmobile USA where I got one spam text every other day it seems

My emails are worse. Getting bombarded with Fu k book and "hey baby" emails. The more filters I put in. The worst it gets.

There is something going on abot spams. It seems both emails and phones spam have increased dramatically worldwide.

I don't ever give out my real phone number or even my one particular email that's getting spammed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.