Update on an extra device?

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by iMas70, Jul 24, 2017.

1. iMas70 macrumors 65816

I've been part of the PB for the last few years. I usually install the new version on my phone and iPad at the same time. Haven't had a problem. I need my daily drivers to remain 110% problem free so I'm not going to install the new operating system on them but I have an extra iPad Air 2 that I'd like to use as a guinea pig. Odd things can happen with beta software like text messages and e-mails can be lost or notes can disappear. What happens if my test iPad is linked to my iCloud account. If there was a text message problem for example, would the texts also disappear from the devices that are running iOS10?

2. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

This is why I don't log early beta devices into iCloud. Well, I do, but I have a separate "test" iCloud account I use for this; it has a few gigs of photos and random configuration.

Once we're into the later betas, when I feel confident installing on my daily driver, then I switch to using my own iCloud account with the betas.

Even then I don't trust iCloud and keep my own separate backups of my important data. :)

3. iMas70 thread starter macrumors 65816