UPDATE! So my friend saw Steve Jobs last night...

MacFan782040

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 1, 2003
791
110
Scranton, PA
Ok. The kid totally knows I'm obsessed with Macs. He just bought an iMac last year because of me actually, but that's besides the point. He doesn't know who Steve Jobs really is.

He arrived in LA yesterday, and being a typical 21 year old he has to check his myspace every 5 seconds, so he was spending a lot of time in the Santa Monica Apple Store.

Well, it turns out that the Barenaked Ladies were playing at the store, so he got to meet them, and then saw who else but STEVE JOBS. I guess he was there supporting the event and it's only a skip away from Cupertino. He called me up and I couldn't believe it. He said there was a line to see him but then he went in the back room out of sight. (Oh and he said the 24" iMac is rediculously huge)

I've never been to CA, neither has he until now. I was sooo mad I didn't get to see him. Why does stuff always have to happen? haha. :confused:
 

Unorthodox

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2006
1,087
1
Not at the beach...
This makes me so mad....

A band a naked ladies can have a concert in an Apple store.
But when I walked into a Apple store naked (I wanted to see how hot the MBPs where, OK) I was arrested!
Damn celebrities....
 

kgarner

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2004
1,512
0
Utah
Unorthodox said:
This makes me so mad....

A band a naked ladies can have a concert in an Apple store.
But when I walked into a Apple store naked (I wanted to see how hot the MBPs where, OK) I was arrested!
Damn celebrities....
Yeah, but are you a lady? Bare naked ladies can do anything they want. Bare naked dudes...not so much.
 

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
1,962
0
that's cool. i'd like to meet steve just because he seems like a nice guy you could shoot the breeze with for 5 or so minutes. i wish he'd come to the apple stores near me (washington, d.c. area).
 

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
9,232
453
NY
Chundles said:
What is it with kids and myspace?

Don't they realise it's crap?
agreed. My friend has a myspace page and her brother created one for his dog, and the dog has friends who are other dogs... now that's creepy... :eek:
 

skunk

macrumors G4
Jun 29, 2002
11,744
4,019
Republic of Ukistan
pianoman said:
that's cool. i'd like to meet steve just because he seems like a nice guy you could shoot the breeze with for 5 or so minutes.
That's, let me see, um, $40,000 of his time...
Can you afford it? :rolleyes:
 

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
11,177
0
mactastic said:
Even then it's still a good hour flight.
True. But that's still faster than I can get to the Apple Store on Michigan Avenue from my suburban abode. :)
 

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
3,681
661
Colly-fornia
emw said:
True. But that's still faster than I can get to the Apple Store on Michigan Avenue from my suburban abode. :)
And faster than I can get to the Santa Monica store -- even with a 200 mile head start on Steve. :)
 

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
1,962
0
skunk said:
That's, let me see, um, $40,000 of his time...
Can you afford it? :rolleyes:
nevermind. i have better things to spend my money on. who assigned such a high value to his time anyway, or was that figure generated randomly?

SuperSnake2012 said:
I shook the hand of Steve at the opening of the Apple Store in NYC :cool:
i like how you say the hand of steve instead of just steve's hand.
 

true777

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2000
659
1
California, Austria, Arkansas
I took my small child trick-or-treating to Steve Jobs' house one year, since it's closeby and the people in Jobs' neighborhood are known for their elaborate Halloween setups for the kids -- they decorate their yards as spooky forests complete with fog machines, and extras who dress up as ghosts and sit in the trees, etc. Some even build haunted house type spook paths inside their homes that you have to walk through to get to the person passing out the treats; very effective in the historic old Palo Alto homes.

Jobs was passing out the treats to the kids himself and was quite nice, had his whole yard decorated and exchanged a few words with me. He had Cliff bars for treats.
 

0098386

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
21,576
2,886
Chundles said:
What is it with kids and myspace?

Don't they realise it's crap?
I set one up months ago. I was let down, felt no urge to do anything there. Now I just use it to show off how great I'm doing to old school people.

oh, topic! Barenaked ladies? what a mad name for a band! never heard of them myself but top name. I don't think my Apple Store (Trafford Centre) will ever have concerts. It's a bit of a small shop.
 

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
17,208
1,106
raggedjimmi said:
oh, topic! Barenaked ladies? what a mad name for a band! never heard of them myself but top name. I don't think my Apple Store (Trafford Centre) will ever have concerts. It's a bit of a small shop.
Never heard of BNL? They're a Canadian band...been around for almost 20 years now but didn't hit it big in the US until their 1998 album Stunt. It went to #5 in the UK.

I've lost count of the number of times I've seen them in concert...I'll be seeing them again in November when they come through town.
 

vohdoun

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2006
1,035
0
Far away from Earth.
Heh this is amusing, has nobody sussed the barenaked ladies yet... or do most of you think its ass and tit... :p

I'm trying to remember which song it was that was #1 in UK, maybe 96 -97... was quite hipp... have the tune in my head as well its driving me nuts trying to remember the name.

[Edit] One Week. 98/99, my mind is slipping.
 

MacFan782040

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 1, 2003
791
110
Scranton, PA
UPDATE!

So he's in Hollywood and gets to shake hands with Jessica Simpson, she had some kind of premier, and had a conversation with Andy Dick!!

And then just today, he sees Nicole Richie in Disneyland.

Can't believe this... Californians.. is it this typical to see celebrities like this?

She looks like a twig!
 

Kingsly

macrumors 68040
MacFan782040 said:
UPDATE!

So he's in Hollywood and gets to shake hands with Jessica Simpson, she had some kind of premier, and had a conversation with Andy Dick!!

And then just today, he sees Nicole Richie in Disneyland.

Can't believe this... Californians.. is it this typical to see celebrities like this?

She looks like a twig!
What can I say.... :cool:

I had lunch today with Bruce Willis and tomorrow am meeting with Brad and Angelina to discuss Sudan. :cool: :rolleyes: :D
 

Xander562

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
1,628
0
no, that's quite a series of fortunate events, i haven't seen many celebrities, and i live in southern california. sooooo...... i dont know what to tell you...... yeah.....
 

Nym

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2006
607
0
Porto, Portugal
agreed. My friend has a myspace page and her brother created one for his dog, and the dog has friends who are other dogs... now that's creepy... :eek:
LMAO! That IS creepy!!! poor canine :D

And yes, Steve looks like a very down-to-earth nice guy, I like his keynotes a lot, the public really seem to relate with the person he is.