update to iOS6 or keep JB until iPhone 5 JB is out?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by creativedogmedia, Sep 19, 2012.

1. creativedogmedia macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

I really love some of the features of my JB 4S. Think 6.0 is good enough to pull you away from a good JB?

2. Zac7 macrumors 6502a

Only you can answer that, kind of personal opinion. I have a 4 and won't be updating from my JB. Instead waiting until October 7th when I can upgrade to the iPhone 5.

3. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

Just updated my 4S to 6.

In my opinion, my 4S runs better now. Not that it ran poorly before, but it's definitely snappier now..

iMessage is faster: before it would hang up on texts intermittently, now it sends them near instantly.

Safari: browsing is a lot quicker. Definitely seems to load pages quicker. I love how it gives you a near full screen/zoomed in view turned sideways (the iPhone 5 will take better advantage of this with the .5" bigger screen)

Panoramic mode: Not sure if you are much of a photographer, but luckily us 4S owners also get Panoramic like the 5. Unfortunately iPhone 4 users wont get this.

Siri can do a lot more. Haven't really played with it yet, but I know that before, a lot of times you would ask her something and she would say "do you want me to search the internet for..." Now she has more answers :) Even though Siri is something that not a lot of people really use, I think that will change as Siri continues to develop.

WiFi and Bluetooth can now be accessed from the main settings screen. Of course, before I updated, I had 5.1 with a jailbreak, so I had SBSettings, which I really will miss..but atleast now you dont have to dig through the settings as much to get to wifi. Like I said, I miss my jailbreak mostly because of SBSettings, but it is better now than before with 5.1.

I upgraded because I figured that a jailbreak will be available soon enough. For now I'll play around with the new software.

I haven't even really played with my 4S too much since upgrading, just a quick 10 minute run through. It's been on the charger. But I look forward to randomly discovering new features. Maybe I'm just excited because having iOS6 makes me feel like I have an iPhone 5. Too bad my contract isnt up til next fall. :(