Updated 3G to 3.1 2 days ago, now 2 hour battery life.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JRoDDz, Sep 12, 2009.

1. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

I update my wifes 4 month old 3G to 3.1 2 days ago, and this morning it drained the battery in a matter of 30 minutes. I recharged it fully and 2 hours later, dead as a doornail. I took it to the apple store and they gave me a brand new one. I don't know if it's a fluke or if the 3.1 did something? I'm restoring from backup as I type.

Kudos to Apple for excellent customer support :D

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Well, you should restore as new and then sync everything that you should have synced (Contacts, Notes, Calendar, etc.). If you do it right you'll just lose game saves, SMS, and have to reset wifi settings and a few other things that are easy to do. Restoring from a backup might just reproduce the behavior.

3. JRoDDz thread starter macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

Yes, but I don't want to lose all her sms messages and such. I did a backup of the new iPhone as soon as I got home so I can restore that back if necessary.

4. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Yeah, I forgot about the SMS. I don't text. Well, good luck.

6. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I have to agree you should restore as new. How important are the SMS anyways? what did people do when you can only have 50 text messages before yon needed to clear them out?

7. JRoDDz thread starter macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

8. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

As I said in the thread I started here, it's a widespread issue with 3.1 if you look at the threads both here and on the Apple discussion boards.

9. moka macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16)

Welcome to the club, restoring as new phone or under DFU does not help fix this issue what so ever.