Updated hardware on tuesday

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by nesbitt_a, Mar 18, 2004.

  1. nesbitt_a macrumors 6502

    Nov 1, 2003
    I currently run a 1.25ghz powerbook G4 - the new aluminum revision. If apple do update their hardware this tuesday - then I would be keen to get my hands on the new powerbooks!

    I also currently own a 20GB ipod - and would be very interested in doing the same for a blue ipod mini.

    What do you guys think of the idea of selling my current stuff and buying again?

    -- Andrew, student.
  2. stoid macrumors 601


    Feb 17, 2002
    So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    Unless it's a G5 PowerBook, you might as well wait. I have the same 15 inch 1.25 GHz computer, and if it's just a speed bump it's not worth the upgrade.
  3. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030


    Sep 18, 2003
    London, UK
    I wouldn't bother personally. The new PowerBooks are almost certain to be G4s still, so you'll get a slight increase in power, possibly not many new features other than a slightly better graphics card (yours is pretty good anyway). You would stand to lose a couple of hundred pounds just to upgrade. I wouldn't bother. Save your money for a rev B or C G5 PB.
  4. nesbitt_a thread starter macrumors 6502

    Nov 1, 2003
    You guys are probably right. I'll wait and see if its economical enough to do an upgrade based on tuesdays announcement - otherwise, just wait for a G5 powerbook revision b/c.

    Thanks for your help
    -- Andrew

Share This Page