Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cobbyco

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 6, 2012
UPDATE 2: The whole of the Apple Store is down. I assume this is to update information about delivery times for the new iPod touch and iPod nano. You can look for yourself at the Apple Store website.

UPDATE: The order tracking page is back, and it appears nothing has changed. iPod touch orders still show as "processing" and the delivery date is still just "October". If you see something different then post below.

I went to check up on how my iPod touch pre-order was going (Black & Slate 32GB) and instead of showing the "track order" page it showed this. I tried again and still the same result. (I have no idea how to use these forums, so the picture is attached somewhere at the bottom here I think.)

I live in the UK, but apparently the same is happening in the US. Are they changing the delivery date from "October" to something more accurate?

UPDATE 2: See for yourself: Go to store.apple.com/your country/ and you will be greeted by the "We'll be back soon." message.

Attachments

• Apple Order Status UK.jpg
    Apple Order Status UK.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:

Project538

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2010
Iowa, USA
I'm still getting the error too. I'm hoping this is because they're updating it with shipping information, but I could be wrong. Is there any other reason that everyone's orders would be down like this?

hkoster1

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2012
The Netherlands
Before Christmas would suit me only if I can still sell my iPhone 4 (for which the iPod Touch 5 is a replacement) also before Christmas...;)

FutureBlake

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2011
New York, NY
Still happening... It's been giving the error message for about four hours now for me.

Anyone NOT getting the error message who has an iPT preordered?

hkoster1

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2012
The Netherlands
Same here in The Netherlands... However, I did get an email from the NL Apple Store yesterday regarding the VAT increase per 1st October: they will charge me the old VAT rate for the iPod Touch 5 ordered on 15 September, even when the invoice will show the new VAT "in order to comply with Tax Regulations".

Project538

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2010
Iowa, USA
I finally got in, and nothing has changed for me either. It's still available to ship in October and it's still "Processing". Oh well...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.