Updated Music on iTunes Match not showing on iOS 7 Beta 3

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Wreckless316, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Wreckless316 macrumors newbie

Hello All,

Dont know if this is a known beta issue, tried searching on forums but no avail. After updating music data for example (album artwork, title, artist, album, etc) on my mac/pc, it does not update on IOS 7 beta 3 itunes match. New music will show up in its most original form after turning on Itunes match in ios, but any edit to any existing music AFTER itunes match is turned on will not update on the iphone 5. This was not an issue in last IOS 6.1.4. No need for a fix immidiately, just wondering if this was something on my end or anyone else had noticed the same on their device? Other than that IOS 7 works beautifully.

2. Wreckless316 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. simtilver macrumors newbie

Yup. Same here. I'm hoping that they fix this by the public release but it's still a problem in beta 4. Also, what's strange is that depending on device, some songs will update. For example, some of my songs are correct on my iPad but not my iPhone and vice versa.

iTunes Match is working fine on my 5th gen iPod touch with the latest iOS 6. Any changes push to the device rather quickly (with the exception of album art updates which continue to be a pain in the a**)...

4. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

When I make changes to metadata I usually force iTunes to update iTunes Match, which then triggers an update on my iPhone (which takes a while) ... Sometimes the changes don't show up until I exit/close Music.app

5. simtilver macrumors newbie

This was sometimes true for iOS 6, however, this fix does not work for iOS 7.

6. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Well it has worked for me on beta 3 and 4 (I don't remember testing it specifically on 1 and 2) ... I'm using an iPhone 5, Reset All Settings after each install.

7. simtilver macrumors newbie

Just reset all settings and erased my iPhone 5 and iPad 3 after updating to beta 5. Still having the exact same issue, however, after looking closer, the fields that will not update no matter what I do are Album Name and Artwork. If I update other fields, the changes push to my devices. Also, items that I purchased months ago are reverting to old album titles...

Everything was updating perfectly on my 5th Gen iPod touch running iOS 6, so I wanted to test it and installed iOS 7 beta 5 and now, it's having all of the same issues as the other devices.

Hoping this gets fixed because it's really annoying for those of us who are a bit OCD about our music collections. ;)

8. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Definitely! I haven't tried changing that stuff yet; I'll try it when I get home. Although I usually kill the automatic iTunes Match sequence when I add new music to iTunes until I've run each song through Tagalicious and iVolume and then manually checked for iTunes artwork. I can't stand incorrectly tagged stuff in my library, so I make sure it's all good before I try to match it.

Anyway, I'll post back later.