updated to 0.1 and tried to do network update and get error 0XE8000001

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by oftheheavens, Aug 5, 2008.

1. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

Hey i am in Japan and after i updated to 2.0.1 it said that there is an update to my carrier settings. when i tried to update it i get unknown error 0XE8000001

any ideas?

2. mostro900 macrumors member

Also in Oz !

I'm in Australia and I got the same message when I updated. Hasn't affected the phone in any way that I can tell, but additionally, backups are taking longer then ever !!:confused:

3. oftheheavens thread starter macrumors 68000

after i updated i lost 3G signal in most of my house. i hope that this carrier thing is fixed soon because i read in another thread that someone in japan got it to work and their signal was boosted...

4. papadim macrumors newbie

papadim

On another forum, someone said that restoring solved the problem.

However, when I tried it, iTunes still asks me to update and the same error comes back, even if, apparently, some carrier update was indeed done at the beginning of the restore...

Cheers

5. oftheheavens thread starter macrumors 68000

just tried restoring and no luck still get that error. and almost 3 hours later im still restoring:mad:

if anyone finds out what is going on please post it here

6. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (white): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5B108 Safari/525.20)

I'm in Japan and got the error too. But my phone works fine, the same (if not marginally better) than before. Of course, I'm referring to signal strength -everything else is MUCH better than before. :)

7. phannon666 macrumors regular

Do people not know how to use Google? I've never seen/heard of it before, but after 2 minutes of googling, some common causes are:

Issues with USB hubs
    Not using USB 2.0 socket

A possible solution is to connect your iPhone directly to the computer and not through a hub, or to quit the "iTunes Helper" process and relaunch iTunes.

8. oftheheavens thread starter macrumors 68000

before you go trying to make someone feel stupid here is what i want you to do...bring back up that search in google and then go to the first find(which i know is the one you went to) and then look at the date that all that was posted. seeing how those posts were from november and december of last year i strongly doubt that it is the same problem causing that error. and just to make you feel better about yourself i did try what that forum said and it didnt work.

but hey thanks for taking time to post incorrect solutions on my thread.