Updated to 3.0-- iCal wants to make a bunch of changes (bdays it appears)- Advice?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rawdawg, Jun 17, 2009.

1. rawdawg macrumors 6502

So my update to 3.0 went off without a hitch. But now when I sync I get a Sync Alert that says:

"Syncing with iPhone will change more than 5% of your Calendars on this computer."

Looking under information details it appears the changes are all in people's birthdays. Perhaps there is a new way the iPhone catalogs them.

For example, it says:

BEFORE:
    Modified recurrence:
    repeating every year , recurrence never ends
    URL: addressbook://64A5BD72-A99D-B4...:ABPerson

AFTER:
    Modified recurrence:
    repeating every year , recurrence never ends
    URL: <empty>

This is how 38 changes have been alerted in Sync Alert.

Is this an iCal issue or an Address Book issue and how did iPhone 3.0 cause this.

Is anyone else effected?!

2. rawdawg thread starter macrumors 6502

3. rawdawg thread starter macrumors 6502

4. rawdawg thread starter macrumors 6502

Over 120 views and no one.. unbelievable.

Anyhow.. It appears that in iCal when you click on an event and look at it's details there is a section at the bottom for URL that I assume can bring you to a website for the restaurant you are going to that night for example.

It appears iPhone 2.0 software made it so in iCal when you have birthdays marked if you click on them in iCal and the details pop up you can then click on a URL and it will open up Address book and take you to that contact.

I'm going to go ahead and accept the changes and sync. I just wanted to double check this would be safe and I won't have to reenter all my birthdays.

I can't believe no one else has had this come up yet.

5. howardcrut macrumors newbie

having same problem w/ iphone and ical sync w/ bday links

I'm having the same problem when syncing my iPhone 3GS via itunes. I haven't found a fix yet.

I've got over 700 potential changes, so I am not willing to just complete the sync since I have no desire to try to find a way to reverse it.

Anyone else have a problem?

Would this have anything to do with fbcal.com's plug in with facebook that is pulling in all of my facebook friends' birthdays?