Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacDaddyVibe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2017
Hi. I'm new here. Hoping someone can help me.

So I updated to High Sierra on my laptop and found that it wiped out all my Notes from my iCloud. Can't get anything from my iPhone 7 and iPad neither.

Looked online and turns out I'm not the only one with this problem.
Very frustrated. Had important stuff in there. Any recourse from this? Thanks.

Eagle36

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2016
Hi. I'm new here. Hoping someone can help me.

So I updated to High Sierra on my laptop and found that it wiped out all my Notes from my iCloud. Can't get anything from my iPhone 7 and iPad neither.

Looked online and turns out I'm not the only one with this problem.
Very frustrated. Had important stuff in there. Any recourse from this? Thanks.

When you logon to iCloud (https://www.icloud.com) using Safari are the notes gone from there as well?

interstella

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2013
Suffolk, England
I wonder if this is a High Sierra problem or Notes problem? Today I made a new note on my iPhone, scanned in a couple of documents and thought no more of it. When I got home I opened Notes and the new note and attachments had gone. Complete mystery so far!

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
something with apple? this morning, all my notes were gone from my mac (still there on my iphone, and icloud). i tried a lot of things (signing out, back in, etc), and...nothing. a short time later i opened notes and they were back. so, not sure what happened, but all of this today? hmm....

dribando

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2014
if it's an icloud issue (IF), it's not the os, so yosemite (or el cap, etc) isn't the point, icloud is...

Same happened to me on High Sierra. I fixed by going to System Preferences/iCloud and unclicking box for Notes. I then reclicked the box for Notes, launched Notes, the app crashed, I relaunched Notes again and then all my notes came back. Seems like a bug in iCloud or High Sierra.

Eagle36

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2016
Same happened to me on High Sierra. I fixed by going to System Preferences/iCloud and unclicking box for Notes. I then reclicked the box for Notes, launched Notes, the app crashed, I relaunched Notes again and then all my notes came back. Seems like a bug in iCloud or High Sierra.

You didn't happen to check iCloud (https://www.icloud.com) using Safari/Browser prior to your fix? If, your notes were in iCloud, that would seem to point to be a problem with High Sierra.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.