Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

colinp

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 7, 2004
Hiya! Is it normal, when updating AdiumX, to lose all my preferences? Is there a way to keep them all?

Given the frequent updates to the program, I would hate to have to re-config the program every week. I figure there HAS to be a better way, but I guess i just don't know what it is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
the preferences are usually in ~/Application Support/Adium 2.0
Are you sure you're only updating the app?
I just d/l the disk image, mount it, drag the app from the image to my /Applications folder, unmount it, delete the disk image...you get the idea ;)
I haven't lost my preferences yet...
submit a bug report (Help menu) if it keeps happening.

FredAkbar

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2003
San Francisco, CA
ubergeek (sorry, I'm on a PC and have no clue how to do the umlaut thing), didn't know you used Adium...do you ever post on the Adium Forums?

edit: MacFan26 I think I've seen you on there, wasn't trying to leave you out or anything

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
FredAkbar said:
ubergeek (sorry, I'm on a PC and have no clue how to do the umlaut thing), didn't know you used Adium...do you ever post on the Adium Forums?

edit: MacFan26 I think I've seen you on there, wasn't trying to leave you out or anything
hehe tis alright. i think ive sorta gotten over that ü pet peeve

I dont post on the adium forums, just because I know that when i do its going to suck up a lot of time :p
im already trying to distance myself from these forums and IRC :p
:D

Yeah, i use adium. die hard fan. i feel like killing anyone who uses proteus :p lol.
im in the adium orkut community though :) thats gotta mean somethin :p

MacFan26

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2003
San Francisco, California
FredAkbar said:
Nope, actually I'm not on there. I should probably register though, considering that everytime I'm talking about Adium it's always here :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.