Updating an iPhone which is jailbroke

LauraMDrake

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
Hi, is it possible to update an iPhone which is jailbroke. I have an iPhone 3GS which I took to get it unlocked to all networks when I bought it and when I got it back it was also jailbroke. Due to the endless list of new software updates available my phone is now really slow! I was just wondering if there is anyway I can apply the latest software update to my iPhone without it crashing on me? Any suggestions welcome!!

Thanks

dtbratt

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2011
Amherstburg, ON
Hi, is it possible to update an iPhone which is jailbroke. I have an iPhone 3GS which I took to get it unlocked to all networks when I bought it and when I got it back it was also jailbroke. Due to the endless list of new software updates available my phone is now really slow! I was just wondering if there is anyway I can apply the latest software update to my iPhone without it crashing on me? Any suggestions welcome!!

Thanks
You can jailbreak the latest iOS 5.0.1 software, but I doubt it can be unlocked.

astral125

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2011
If I am understanding what you want to do correctly, I would not do it. Judging by your level of understanding of the software, I would say you could easily lose the baseband you are using on your unlocked phone if you attempt to upgrade the software. There is also a good chance that you would see no speed improvement if it does not slow down even.

I don't mean to offend, and I could be completely wrong. I just don't want you to lose your unlock by messing with an upgrade.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.