updating to baseband 6.15.00 - wanna sh0ot myself

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by johnnyturbouk, Feb 27, 2011.

1. johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
    ok peep really need some help

i have iphone 4 on modem firmware 3.10.00, i have untethered jailbreak with greenpoision - fantastic and very easy.. but can't unlock my device as im on baseband crappy 3.10

so for past 3 days i have been trying various methods to update my baseband to 6.15 - thus allowing the exploit of ultrasnow 1.2 - giving me use of unlock - finally

i was following
    http://www.redmondpie.com/update-ip...-pwnagetool-4.1.3-for-ios-4.2.1-unlock-guide/

but pwnage tool wont recognise any 4.2.1 firmware i download.. so i tried 4.1 ipsw i googled.. that worked but it did not give me option to update firmware..instead creates ipsw.. and yes i was running in expert mode...
    then when i restore with itunes.. i tunes has a panic attack after contacting apple it flips out as its in mortal danger..whole things just hangs so i had to restore to genuine apple restore point...

all i want to do is update my baseband to 6.15.00 so i can use another network

thanks all

2. Missjenna macrumors 6502a

Missjenna

I believe the ipad baseband only works 3g/3gs. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

3. johnnyturbouk thread starter macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

i think ure right as all the tutorials state iphone 3GS/3G

ive tried every measure...no luck.. even
    <sobs> stoked my lil IP4 telling the ol gurl that's shes really an iphone 3GS.. but a damn fine one at that
    - no luck :mad::mad::mad:

so looks like ill wait, update to 4.3 when ultrasnow 1.3 is finally released

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

OP, seriously 3 days

Sorry, but as other poster said it's a 5.14.xx and 5.15.xx baseband solution only.

That's an epic FAIL :(

5. kre62 macrumors 68000

All I can say is thank god you didn't permanently mutilate your iPhone because you couldn't wait a bit longer for an unlock. Updating to the iPad baseband has to be the absolute, #1, most STUPID thing I have ever even heard of. I can't believe even a remotely intelligent person would consider something like that. Why? Breaks GPS plus permanently requires custom firmware to restore. There goes any chance of reselling that device. Ludicrous.

6. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Jeeze, you couldn't even be BOTHERED TO READ the headline in that tutorial which clearly states 3g or 3gs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Open your eyes the next time you decide to follow a tutorial.

7. johnnyturbouk thread starter macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

yes mum.. chill... i was doin the unlock at like 4am..i know not the best time.. but all my data and call plans are on another operator - orange hence im really desperate to get an unlock, as the handset is locked to three. where i have basic package.. so im stuck using a useless tocca lite which i despise, and having the iphone for 5 weeks now.. really gettin desperate for an unlock.. yes i guess i shouild of read the title.. but i did type unlock iphone 4 baseband 3.10 into google.. and most these thread lis:t iphone 3g/3gs/iphone4/ipode etc etc.. so i kinda skim that bit.. but i learnt my lesson

either you are very easily dumbfounded or a little simple... as i can think of a lot of more stupid things than wanting to unlock ones phone and not having to rely on the awful tocca lite.. and carry 2 phones.. i had a 3gs from day1 and as i never need carrier unlock just jailbreak.. i rarely had this problem..lesson learnt
    but before getting ure g-string in a twist just chill the ****** out.. i would take the risk if it meant getting a carrier unlock and not having to crry 2 phones.. or use my phone as an expensive glorified ipod..so yes i would attempt to mutilate it.. i brought it new from ebay for approx $680..but it was locked to three network.. given how easily i JB.. i thought it would be ok.. anyway if i screw the phone,, i wouldnt really care as id buy a new iphone 5 in june.. not far now and i have the new ipod touch anyway for apps and for music,, so yes would definitely take the risk.. i plan to give this phone to my mum once the iphone 5 comes out anyway

8. noiceT macrumors 6502a

Don't mean to flame you more, as it looks like you got toasted already:p But you seem to have a SHI T load of money...and not to mention, one HEAVY bag to carry around: tocca lite, 3GS, ip4, ipod touch???

Stop and think first. Resell the ip4, ipod touch, and 3Gs. Use that money to buy a factory unlocked iphone4. When 5 comes out, sell the ip4.