Upgrade at Verizon?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thomamon, Oct 7, 2012.

1. thomamon macrumors 6502a

thomamon

So my mom wants an iPhone 5 and she hasn't upgraded her phone in nearly 3 years. Does it make a difference if she goes to Apple or Verizon? Is there some sort of a $30 discount she will get at Verizon she would not get at Apple?

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

As far as I know there is no difference between going to one or the other.

3. nostresshere macrumors 68030

4. Scottyee macrumors regular

When I upgraded to iPhone 5 and renewed my 2 year contract with Verizon, they gave me a $30 discount credit which essentially paid for the $30 phone upgrade fee which is charged by your cellphone carrier, regardless whether purchased from Apple OR Verizon. Apple didn't offer any discount, so that's the reason I bought my iPhone5 thru Verizon Online. :)

5. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

There was once something called "New Every Two." At one time they gave you $100 toward an upgrade. Just prior to Verizon getting the iPhone, they discontinued the New Every Two program. For us longtimers they whittled it down to $50 or $30. Apparently, if you have high enough monthly billing you got a one-time $50. Others got $30. I got the $30 version with this iPhone purchase and it's forever gone now. You won't get that $30 if you go through Apple.