Upgrade available through apple not vzw

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by S&Cmom, Oct 4, 2012.

1. S&Cmom macrumors newbie

Ok, I'm new here but I'm wondering why when I check for upgrade eligibilty through apple online, it says I can upgrade to the iPhone 5 at discounted pricing....but, when I check VZW, I have to wait until 10/8...I was an early adopter to the iPhone 4 when it hit VZW so my uprgrade date should in fact be 10/8...anyway, my question is, if I am lucky enough to reserve the i5 through Apple's online retail system for in-store pick up, will my order actually go through? I've called vzw twice about moving up my upgrade but they have said they won't do it because apple isn't allowing people to upgrade early (BS obviously)...anyhow, I just spoke to someone today and told them what I'm telling you guys and he told me that apple would verify with vzw beforehand to make sure I'm eligible...but apple.com still says I'm eligible for an upgrade now...

I just don't want to waste my time staying up at night if I'm not eligible for an upgrade until 10/8...is anyone else in this situation?

2. VandyChem2009 macrumors 6502a

VandyChem2009

Apple will let you do it on the month of your upgrade. Verizon makes you wait till the day. Simple as that.

3. S&Cmom thread starter macrumors newbie

ok, cool...thanks, that's good to know

4. singsopera macrumors member

This is helpful! Now to find one! Best of luck to you all!

5. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

I have AT&T and my upgrade date was 10/14. At Midnight on Oct 1st I changed to eligible for an upgrade. I know with AT&T you're always allowed to upgrade on the first of the month it falls in. Not sure if Verizon works the same way.

6. Stinja macrumors regular

I would just go into a Verizon store and get them to shift the upgrade date.. That's what I did and it was not an issue :)

7. FiremanMike macrumors regular

Whoa I didn't realize this!

One question though, I ran through the whole process on apple.com, but it says "monthly line access $40.00". That's not an additional $40, right? I already have 2 iphones and it actually didn't ask me which I wanted to replace.