Upgrade date Nov 4 - Can I upgrade today?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by maverick22, Nov 1, 2012.

1. maverick22 macrumors 6502

It seems as though some of you are reporting AT&T will allow you to upgrade on the first day of your upgrade month? How can I verify this? Will it show online in my account? I'm wanting to go after work and see if I can find a 5.

Thanks

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I think your best bet would be to call AT&T or your local AT&T store and ask them. After all, they'd be the ones granting the early upgrade.

3. maverick22 thread starter macrumors 6502

If I get a chance to later at work I will. I'm wanting to go to a Best Buy or Target as they seem to have better stock than actual local AT&T stores.

4. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Hopefully you can get a phone from one of those places and beforehand, confirm with AT&T on the early upgrade.

5. maverick22 thread starter macrumors 6502

I see a few of local BB's have stock (unless they are holding those as pre-orders). Man it sucks I get off so late. I have to wait til 7:00. Hope they still have some by that time.

Another question: does your account have to be current in order to upgrade? I'm taking my parents' upgrade. They are on auto pay. So they owe the month, but auto pay doesn't kick in until a few more days to make the payment.

6. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

7. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I don't know, but I would think it's okay as long as it wasn't too far out.

8. maverick22 thread starter macrumors 6502

Just confirmed with rep via online chat, I am good to upgrade! Now if I can find one in stock after work.

Thanks for everyone's replies! Oh, and they consider auto pay "current," so no worries apparently.

9. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

When I called my local best buy they were willing to "hold" one for me till the end of the day. Worth a shot?

10. maverick22 thread starter macrumors 6502

That's awfully nice of them!

I was getting anxious a few days ago and called. Guy said they had one in stock and he could hold it for an hour. I wasn't eligible for a full upgrade then though. Will try tonight right before I get off work. Thanks!

----------

Did you see my above post. I'm at work so I got my answer online. Thanks anyway, Mr. Troll :D!

11. mattroman246 macrumors 6502

mattroman246

Definitely, I was able to upgrade mine 45 days early through AT&T. Of course the joke of it is that it took 25 days for the phone to get off back order and be delivered.

12. DaveWonders macrumors regular

This made me check my account w/ AT&T. My upgrade has said 11/26 for months now. I checked my eligibility on the AT&T site and Apple site and both say I'm now able to upgrade at the normal 2 year prices! So not only will they let you upgrade early, but you don't have to speak with someone on the phone or anything. Just check it online.

Thanks for posting!

13. maverick22 thread starter macrumors 6502

Glad to in a way give you a heads up! Good luck finding one. Best Buy showed 4 different locations to have one. Now, only one location appears to have one. :(

14. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

This is one really nice thing about AT&T, they always let you upgrade on the 1st of whatever month you're eligible.

15. maverick22 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, it's really nice for those who have upgrade dates late in the month. This past weekend I was wanting AT&T to help me out by just a few days early (October 27 for a Nov 4 upgrade), and 4 reps I talked to wouldn't budge. So if you're like me and have an upgrade date early in the month, not as big a deal. I'll still take it though :D