Upgrade from MBP 13 inch 2.26 to Imac 27 or wait for the next gen MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ermir4444, Oct 28, 2009.

1. ermir4444 macrumors regular

ermir4444

I currently own a MBP 13 inch 2.26 and it is a magnificent machine. I have the apple care too.I mostly use it for web browsing and e-mail checking as well as i watch movies and use it for school assignments ( the boring stuff). I love the portability but the screen is just too small for me and the graphics chip is really sh** (cannot watch 1080p movies without at lagging). I am planning on getting smth with better screen and chip.

1st option:
    Sell my MBP for around 1200 CAD (Canadian Dollars) with apple care and get the entry level 27 inch Imac for 1700 CAD with educational discount. I have to add 500 CAD and get much better screen and GPU but loose portability.

2nd option:
    Simply get a refurbished apple LED Cinema Display for 700 CAD + 150 for wireless apple magic mouse and keyboard. Get better screen and portability but still same lame 9400m.

3rd option:
    Wait for the next gen MBP (6.1) and opt for the entry level 15" witch would be roughly the same price as the 27 incher Imac (1700 CAD) after selling my current MBP. Slightly better screen still portable and hopefully something decent in the GPU department.

I kinda want to wait and see the apple tablet as i remember reading somewhere that it will serve as a secondary screen for your MBP (although only 10 incher).

What do you guys suggest? Reading from other threads i am sure that ypou fellas know what you are talking about. Cheers

2. MacKiddyWiddy macrumors 6502

sell mbp and get imac... it will surprise u how little portability you need... i had a revelation when i realised my laptop has never left its desk in 2years [​IMG]