Upgrade moved up today?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TG1, Feb 1, 2012.

1. TG1 macrumors 6502a

TG1

I've been staring at a Feb 24-25 upgrade for the last several months and just noticed that I am eligible as of today (Feb 1). Anyone else seeing this, and are you iPhone 4 owners upgrading now or holding out for the next gen iPhone?

2. TallGuy1970 macrumors 6502

This happened to me as well. All three phones on my account had a late February upgrade date. I noticed late last week that all three phone were eligible for upgrade (about 4 weeks early).

My daughter used it right away to upgrade from a Samsung Solstice to an iPhone 4S. I am waiting for the next iPhone. I really would like LTE and a bigger screen on my next phone.

3. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Mine was March 8 and I was suddenly eligible yesterday. It usually happens about a month early. I used to have two other lines on AT&T and they were bumped a month early for the upgrades as well.

4. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

Same here. Strange? I'll still be waiting for next iPhone. Not enough there to move to 4s.

5. Russiaone macrumors 6502

Same. Though I'm a graphics whore, with Vita right around the corner I think I can wait.

6. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

With AT&T they seem to not care about the actual specific day of the month that you are eligible for upgrade. From what I've seen once they hit the month you are in, they move everyone's up to the 1st of that month.

Happened last November for me. i was on the 25th and once it hit the 1st of the month i was eligible.

7. kjmff5 macrumors regular

Hm anyone notice this on non-iPhones. My iPhone 4 got moved from Feb 25 to now, but my other phones didn't, which are set for April and June

8. Lindenhurst macrumors 6502a

Mine was moved up from Feb 16 to yesterday. Att will be receiving a lot of new phones in the middle of February. I am awaiting the Samsung Galaxy Note ( 5.3 inch screen) , to actually put my hands on one and use it. I may make the change. I'm tired of having to wear my reading glasses to use my iPhone. I love IOS, so the Sammy will have to really blow me away to get me to change.

Both my kids want the new Samsung galaxy Skyrocket HD coming out in 2 weeks, but the wife still wants an iPhone, but is waiting for the iPhone 5.

So many choices....!!

If they are doing it to get people to upgrade to the 4s now, I guess they will get another shot of business when the 5 comes out. Not sure if they actually make any $$ on selling the handsets anyway.