Upgrade of single iLife license to family license possible?

tnobs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2010
Austria
Hi

I bought a MacBookPro, where iLife 09 was included, my girlfriend and my son wants to use also this version.

Is it possible that I can upgrade the iLife single license to the family license?

Thanks

easy-mac

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2008
Unfortunately no, there is no way to upgrade from a single user license to a family license. In addition, is the disc that you're talking about from the retail box for iLife (white) or from the discs that came with your MBP(grey)? If they're the grey discs then I'm pretty sure they're tied to that specific computer and won't work on other Macs unless they're the exact same model.

Also, just a hint, before you post try searching. This has been discussed several times before. I don't really mind answering people's questions but there are some here that will flame you to the point where you won't want to come back. Welcome to MacRumors!
http://mroogle.*************/

tnobs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2010
Austria
Also, just a hint, before you post try searching. This has been discussed several times before. I don't really mind answering people's questions but there are some here that will flame you to the point where you won't want to come back.
Hey, thanks a lot for the answer, I will definitely increase my search patience. I promise.

Duff-Man

macrumors 68030
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Duff-Man says....in addition to the other response I would add that he rumor mill suggests iLife 11 may be out very soon (perhaps even next week?) so you may want to think about just waiting for the new one and buying a family pack for all your computers....oh yeah!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.