Upgrade of single iLife license to family license possible?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tnobs, Aug 3, 2010.

1. tnobs macrumors newbie

Hi

I bought a MacBookPro, where iLife 09 was included, my girlfriend and my son wants to use also this version.

Is it possible that I can upgrade the iLife single license to the family license?

Thanks

2. easy-mac macrumors member

Unfortunately no, there is no way to upgrade from a single user license to a family license. In addition, is the disc that you're talking about from the retail box for iLife (white) or from the discs that came with your MBP(grey)? If they're the grey discs then I'm pretty sure they're tied to that specific computer and won't work on other Macs unless they're the exact same model.

Also, just a hint, before you post try searching. This has been discussed several times before. I don't really mind answering people's questions but there are some here that will flame you to the point where you won't want to come back. Welcome to MacRumors!
    http://mroogle.*************/

3. tnobs thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey, thanks a lot for the answer, I will definitely increase my search patience. I promise.

4. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....in addition to the other response I would add that he rumor mill suggests iLife 11 may be out very soon (perhaps even next week?) so you may want to think about just waiting for the new one and buying a family pack for all your computers....oh yeah!

5. macpro2000 macrumors 6502a

iLife 2011 hopefully comes out this Saturday as originally rumored.

6. james90755 macrumors member

Saturday... uh huh... not. Gotta stop believing the rumor mill.