Upgrade off by one week!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kalexn, Sep 17, 2012.

  1. kalexn macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2012
    Location:
    Texas
    #1
    First post. Does anyone know if Sprint will allow you to upgrade early? My upgrade date is October 1st!! I am SO close, but then that time is going to feel a lot longer than it is. So does anyone have any experience in this or know if it is even possible?

    Thanks so much!:confused:
     
  2. greytmom macrumors 68040

    greytmom

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2010
  3. LetMeBlastU macrumors regular

    LetMeBlastU

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2009
    Location:
    Bay Area, CA
    #3
    Wouldn't they have a similar option like AT&T where you can upgrade after 18 months of a standard 24 months? Call them!
     
  4. extraextra macrumors 68000

    extraextra

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2006
    Location:
    California
    #4
    I thought all carriers let you do it after 18 months. Maybe I'm just spoiled by AT&T... :eek:
     
  5. johnnyi macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2007
    Location:
    Glasgow,UK
  6. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

    iBreatheApple

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2011
    Location:
    Florida
    #6
    Could they really not just bump him a week?
     
  7. johnnyi macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2007
    Location:
    Glasgow,UK
    #7
    I don't know I do not work for them.
     
  8. Nathan576 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2012
    #8
    even if you order now you wont get it for 3 weeks anyways
     
  9. kalexn thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2012
    Location:
    Texas
    #9
    Of course I can wait a week, it is just humorous to me that I am off by one week. And my boyfriend just preordered his iphone 5 today on Sprint for Friday arrival, so I don't think Sprint is out the 2-3 weeks yet.

    Little bit of back story, I switched to sprint in January of 2011. I had an iphone 2g back a few years ago but was out of the country etc. and went to Sprint because of unlimited and best plans. I knew they would be getting the iPhone eventually but then when the 4s came out I was not eligible for the upgrade. So yes, it is not a problem to wait a week but I have been waiting a very long time. :)
     
  10. dannyhex macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2012
    Location:
    NY
    #10
    yes sprint will do it for you its called buying out the contract. with such a short period of time left im not sure they would even charge you. I would have called sprint that morning the iphone preorders began. A tad bit late now dont you think?
     
  11. jhearty99 macrumors 6502

    jhearty99

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2012
    Location:
    Long Island, NY
    #11
    If ordering it early is really that much of a priority to you, I would call Sprint and throw out some false threats. It is likely you dont have 4g lte in your area and Sprint I am sure is desperate not lose customers. Tell them if you are going to have to wait that it would be more beneficial to switch to a service with 4g lte in your area. I know this doesnt always work but there is a reason that they still have phones available for friday delivery and at&t and verizon are at 2-3 weeks. They cant afford to lose customers at this point.
     
  12. kalexn thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2012
    Location:
    Texas
    #12
    I just checked and I want the 32Gb white iPhone which it says they still have available. I will be calling them as soon as I can. It doesn't hurt to try. I didn't call morning of pre-orders because I knew they would be completely backed up (at least I figured so) and just figured I'd wait. But as I read the forums and it gets closer, that idea is getting harder! :)

    ----------

    I'm in Nashville, I think we have 4G in some areas.
     
  13. jhearty99 macrumors 6502

    jhearty99

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2012
    Location:
    Long Island, NY
    #13
    Yes Sprint has 4G in Nashville but they do not have 4G LTE which Verizon does have in Nashville. Would just help you argument if they dont let you lol
     
  14. kalexn thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2012
    Location:
    Texas
    #14
    haha, maybe. I did call and ask and they do allow it for a $50 fee. I only have one week (maybe more depending on availability) but I think I can hold out for $50. I did ask what the early upgrade timeframe was and it was within 4 months or something. I do think the fee should be different for one week vs. four months but people are willing to pay it because they want it, so they do it.

    Oh well, at least I tried :)
     

Share This Page