Upgrade or buy new headphones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cclloyd, Sep 1, 2012.

1. cclloyd macrumors 68000

cclloyd

I lost my headphones (lol fail me). Do you think I should sell my 4S in perfect condition to Gazelle for around $200 (32GB) and pay $100 to get the new iPhone 5 with headphones, or just buy a replacement pair?

2. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I don't think it's worth buying a replacement pair and then sending them off when you sell your 4S. I would just put in the description "Headphone is NOT included".

3. cclloyd thread starter macrumors 68000

cclloyd

Oh I wasn't going to buy a new pair if I upgrade to the 5. I meant should I buy a replacement pair and keep the 4S, or just say "screw it" and get the iP5?

4. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Oh if you are going to keep the 4S then probably. If you are just going to upgrade then probably screw it.

5. cclloyd thread starter macrumors 68000

cclloyd

Well that's what I'm asking. Should I spend $30 to just get a pair of new headphones, or say screw it, pay $100 and get the headphones with an iP5?

6. irDigital0l Guest

just get another headphone...

is that really even a good comparison?

should I spend money on headphones or a new phone...

7. SandMulls macrumors newbie

I would go for the cooler and better choice. It's the 5. :) Go for it!

8. daveishere macrumors 6502a

daveishere

lol i though this too... like saying should I repair a broken window or just buy a whole new house...

9. andyriot macrumors member

10. labman macrumors 604

labman

you can buy a $10 genaric pair at bestbuy or target etc. for now then wait and see how bad you want the 5. maybe when it comes out you'll go mem or Apple fever will hit. personally I've had apple since the 3g and never used there headphones for and length of they just plain and simple suck. Mine are in the box waiting for me to decide to sell the 4S. oh and Gazzele offer is a joke. I think Apple was offering more then that. I use ebay as a gauge and sell it though Craigslist usually takes me a day to sell it cash in hand. I'm expecting to sell my 32gb 4S unlocked for about $400 give or take.

11. brucethemoose macrumors newbie

The headphones on the 5 won't be any better than any decent set of earbuds...

If you want a new iPhone, get the new iPhone. If you don't, that $100+ would buy you a killer set of earbuds that would change your music.

But please, please don't buy a new iPhone just to replace your earphones... why don't you just buy the new Apple earphones when they come out.

12. x-evil-x macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

ill give you the apple earbuds that came with my 4s plus 200 for your 4s 32 gig. deal?

13. kannesss macrumors 6502a

could get a 5 or et 20$ headphones..depends on how much you want to wait, and when you want to get the headphones by:eek:

14. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Um, what are you asking here? You should be able to find the new headphones individually. I wouldn't upgrade just for headphones when you could get them by itself. Or buy the current pair and keep your 4S.

Upgrade if you want to upgrade, for the phone.

15. 725032 Guest

Really OP?... Really?!!!

Buy new headphones for £10

16. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Losing your Apple headphones is a blessing in disguise (or just a blessing) because they are complete garbage. They're not actually meant to be used. Apple feels compelled to include them for completeness sakes. They're sort of like the batteries that come included with some electronics - they're some no name brand and die off in like 2 weeks.

My suggestion: save your money and buy a real pair. It'll cost you around $50 and you'll realize what you've been missing all this time.

17. kannesss macrumors 6502a

seems easier...

18. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

+1 The Apple headphones are pretty bad. It is well worth it to invest in some decent phones.

19. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

Or get Beats if you want to pay £150 for £10 headphones ;)

20. cclloyd thread starter macrumors 68000

cclloyd

I would get Bose MIE2i before I get beats.

I also knew that the apple headphones were nowhere near the best, but I the only other headphones I feel compelled to buy are the bose ones, which are $130, which would be the cost of an upgarde to iPhone 5.

Also, lol at dark knight quote @0dev

21. takeshi74 macrumors 601

You should do whatever suits your needs/wants/preferences rather than poll others who may have entirely different needs/wants/preferences. Or, at least provide some more information if you want suggestions relevant to you. How would you decide on the 5 without confirmed details anyway? If the benefits of the 5 don't matter then why upgrade?

22. BiggAW macrumors 68020

That's a dumb question. No one should upgrade their phone just for a pair of headphones. Not to mention the Apple ones are terrible anyways. Get a nice pair of Sennheisers or something. I have a couple of different pairs for different activities that I use with my 4S.

23. AlexMaximus macrumors 6502

AlexMaximus

Wow...

Wow, I am very surprised regarding the bad fame about the original Apple ear buds. Are they really that bad? There Must be something wrong with my ears because I just Love them.

Can someone explain to my why the Apple ear buds supposed to be Not on paar with stuff like senheiser??