Upgrade Swap Nano-sim fun...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jman13, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Jman13 macrumors 68000

Just called AT&T to make sure I had everything set for an upgrade swap (my wife's line is eligible...I'll get the 5 on her line, swap it for my 4S, since she doesn't care.)

Anyway, they said that the stores likely wouldn't have the nano-sims in stock until release date since there are no other phones on AT&T that use it. So...this should be fun! :)

I'm going to try and stop in at my AT&T store a day or two early to try and get one for my line ahead of time, but it'll be kind of annoying if they don't have extras in stock right away (though I have to imagine they'll have extras).

Something to think about...

2. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

3. Orien macrumors regular

Orien

I'm in the same boat. I plan to activate the 5's nano-SIM on my line and request a new micro-SIM for my 4S for the other line. I imagine they'll have plenty of micro-SIMs.

4. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Definitely report back what you find. I'm going to be pressed for time on launch day (leaving town & actually ended pushing back the start of my trip a few hours to wait for my phone) & it would help a TON if I could head to the store even a day early to get a nano sim.

5. jeffm5690 macrumors regular

I was told by a reliable source that they will have the nano cards on Thursday the night before release. They are under STRICT orders to NOT distribute the nanos until release day and they may only do so with the phones in your hand. In fact he believes they may require both of the phones...

6. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

I'm in the same boat. I've been debating ordering online early or just going to the store on launch day for this very same reason. Definitely keep us updated!