Upgrade Time

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Futhark, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Futhark macrumors 65816

Futhark

I've just checked on my network providers website and see I'm now eligible for an upgrade, I took out the 2 year contract with the iPhone 4 but purchased the iPhone 4S on launch day and have been using it with my existing contract and passed the iPhone 4 onto my daughter.

So what do I do? Do I hold out and see what Apple release possibly in September/October time or is there anything out there right now that could prise me away from iPhones? Maybe the Samsung Galaxy S III

What do you think?

2. emacna1 macrumors regular

What kind of answers are you expecting in the iPhone section of the MacRumors forums?

3. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Personally I would hold out regardless of which route you choose (Android or iOS). The next Nexus phones will also be announced in the fall along with the new iPhone, so better to see the best stock OS offerings, then compare.

4. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

Hold out ....Today's Android elite will be old news by the time of the next iPhone release. So if the next iPhone doesn't interest you, at least you won't have a semi-dated Android phone and instead you can get the lastest. I myself might go for the Note 2 if I don't like the next iPhone.

5. Futhark thread starter macrumors 65816

Futhark

Plenty of users here with unbiased opinions you will find out :D

6. emacna1 macrumors regular

I'd have to disagree. Any time someone posts something positive about the Android OS or negative about iOS, they are down voted to oblivion.

7. Futhark thread starter macrumors 65816

Futhark

There are a minority who would be like that to be honest but back to my upgrade options :D what would u suggest?

8. emacna1 macrumors regular

I see no point in you upgrading right now. The iPhone 4S is an excellent device. The new iPhone will come this fall and if you decide you want to go with something else the new line of Nexus devices will be announced around the same time.

9. blairh macrumors 68030

blairh

You should demo the SIII and get it if you like it. Otherwise you can get a 4" iPhone will LTE this fall. Last year the Nexus debuted in October but was not released to Europe until mid-November. If you like the SIII I would not refrain from getting it because the next Nexus will be available in 5 months. However, if you want the next iPhone, then wait for it.