Upgrade to iOS 4 even tho getting an iPhone 4 on Thursday?

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Terry W, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Terry W macrumors member

A question that probably doesn't need to be asked, but curious what people think. I have an iPhone 3G but have reserved an iPhone 4 to be picked up this Thursday (btw, had to do that through the Apple Store APP due to the website glitches!!).

So the question is whether I should still upgrade to iOS 4 today on my 3G...? I'm thinking I could get a head start on implementing folders at a minimum. But maybe just a colossal waste of time...

2. gusapple macrumors 6502a

gusapple

I'm in the exact same situation. I just want to so I can have the newest cool thing. There, I said it! :D

But seriously, If I end up not being able to snag an iPhone on launch day, then I want the new os until I can get one.

3. macintouch macrumors regular

I would say it's probably a good idea to upgrade. It gives you a few days to get used to the new OS and also the opportunity to back up your stuff so you can have your new iPhone just the way you like it on Thursday. I'm not sure if you can restore from backup from 3 to 4. I would assume you could but you may as well eliminate all variables, you know?

4. Terry W thread starter macrumors member

Good points everyone, thank you. So I did it last night - took forever to download - but my 7 screens of apps now fit in 2 with the folder set up, and I couldn't be happier.