iPhone Upgrade to iOS7 early ruined my phone?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by danwass, Sep 18, 2013.

1. danwass macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

I may be the only one with this issue but I highly doubt that, given the amount of people who installed iOS7 on their iPhones early.

I have an iPhone 4s and I installed iOS7 on Sunday. I was well aware that people claimed that doing so would eliminate the possibility of syncing my phone. However, now that iOS7 is actually released, I tried connecting my iPhone to my computer and it will not appear in iTunes.

When I plug the USB into the computer (using Windows 8), it makes the sound that a device has been connected. Then nothing. It doesn't show up anywhere. Then after about 5 seconds it makes the sound that a USB device has been disconnected. Every 5 seconds following it continues to make the disconnected device sound.

I tried doing a DFU iTunes restore with no success. I received only one notification the first time and it claimed that "the last USB device that was connected has malfunctioned..."

http://i.imgur.com/6kNWQ.png

I have no idea what to do. The device is functioning perfectly. I upgraded to the most recent version of iTunes and every other possible solution.

2. SimsDelt macrumors member

Have you tried installing iTunes 11.1 and trying to restore again?

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

As stated in numerous other threads here and here , iTunes 11.1.0 is required to sync with iOS7

4. danwass thread starter macrumors newbie

Perfect, fixed ages ago but I never replied. Thanks!

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Yeah, iOS 7 ruined my iPhone 5 too.

THE COLORS!!!!!! :mad:

Unfortunately, MacRumors has no emoticon for someone barfing. :(