Upgraded from 4S to 5. Why? iOS 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ckavanas, Sep 13, 2013.

1. ckavanas macrumors member

I used iOS 7 on the beta. It was okay, but I really don't care for the redesign. Feels too childish to me.... iOS 6 was so professional and it worked. iOS 7 to me is slow and it gets to me unfortunately. I hated having to wait for the animations to complete before doing anything. I i got the gold master hoping it would be fixed, but no, its still there sadly.

On iOS 6 I can unlock the phone and as the icons are going on the springboard I can click on an icon mid motion and depend on it to open.

When I watched iOS 7 on the 5S and found it still suffered from waiting for the animations to finish, I knew I wasn't going to bother waiting for it. Such a shame apple couldn't correct that for GM. Especially on a beast processor that is the 5s 64 bit architecture.

I loved the swipe back gestures in iOS 7. That's about all I got from it.

Got my 5 this morning, 6.1.4 on it and couldn't be happier. Not going to 7 any time soon.

Also I got my 5 for 99 from Verizon. 16 gig. They lowered the price. I was very excited they did this in an attempt to rid their stock since its being discontinued

2. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

Good for you man. the latest and greatest is a never ending race.
    On the other hand, stop visitng this site. Dont tempt yourself as users begin posting their finger print readers. Buyers remorse is an illogically cruel thing.

3. ckavanas thread starter macrumors member

Haha! Honestly, didn't care about the touch ID or the upgraded camera. All I cared about was the processor. And I never do anything graphically intensive. So I think it may have been TOO much. I just love my everyday tasks on the iPhone to be fast.

The 5 is perfect.

4. Ryan1524 macrumors 68000

Ryan1524

Trying iOS7 on the 4S is not the same as on the 5. It's very smooth on the 5.

5. ckavanas thread starter macrumors member

This is a good point to bring up thank you. My girlfriend has a 5 and loves iOS 7 on it. I've had experience with it. It's still a problem for me unfortunately

6. xkmxkmxlmx macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

And in turn, iOS 7 on the 5s *should* theoretically run smooth as can be.

7. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

I submitted a bug report on having to wait for the unlock animation to finish back in beta 2, unfortunately nothing came of it. That is my biggest complaint of iOS 7 though, for the most part.

8. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

I have the iPhone 5 with iOS 6.1 and my wife has one with iOS 6.0.1. Our iPhones are both jailbroken. We will wait for the iOS 7 jailbreak before updating.

We have a 10 year old and a 5 year old at home and deal with primary colors every day. No need to deal with that on our phones by installing iOS7 and then not being able to make the preschool colors go away.

9. Altis macrumors 68030

Nah, $100 for a 5C with aluminum backing and thinner+lighter, running the OS he (reasonably) prefers.

Well done, OP!

10. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

Uhm, the OP bought an iPhone 5, not an iPhone 5c. Metal, not plastic.

11. maliu macrumors 6502a

Exactly what he said, a 5c with metal back IS a 5. :)

12. ckavanas thread starter macrumors member

Hey guys thanks for being nice and understanding. I know my original post sounded kinda mean and picky needy, but I think it just has poor wording and grammar because I typed it on my iPhone lol

In other news, I'm about to meet my friend who is currently on android but wants to explore apple... Gonna let him borrow my 4S and see if he likes it. If he does he will probably use his upgrade to buy a 5c or 5s but it'll allow him a chance to get used to the iOS ecosystem. FYI he asked for iOS 7... Which makes sense for him.

He should know what he's getting if he gets a phone that only supports that OS. But yeah hoping for a convert to the dark side guys!